Question

Sound cloud app keeps crashing when playing in background xbox one

the soundcloud app keeps crashing randomly whilst playing in the background it plays a few songs then just quits. Has anyone else experienced this and do you know of a fix?

Thank you

10 replies

It always happens to me too. It's pretty annoying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@Tom Jenkinson,

Any chance you can help with this?

Zsycho - what have you tried so far to troubleshoot?

Cheers
Mathis
I have the same problem. Sometimes it will literally last 10 seconds and then crash. It also constantly buffers for no reason.
I get the problem too, usually when I'm in a party and/or playing a game. Sometimes too when I just play any old game it will kill the program randomly. Could be an optimization thing, RAM overload, or I'm using one of the first installments of the Xbox One. Please work it out Microsoft and Soundcloud, it really dampers the experience.
ive got the same problem too, but i dont think this is anything to do with soundcloud. its just xbox and microsoft as usual.
SoundCloud keeps crashing on my iPhone X while I’m scrolling through the feed app will freeze and song will keep playing till it crashes won’t eben let me pause the song. It’s lretty annoying
Same for me . I usually play SoundCloud when I'm playing single player games that don't require too much listening to the actually game such as racing games like Dirt 4 . My problem is no different than anyone else's. It will play maybe 4-5 songs before crashing quite annoying since I'm a big fan of the app and was excited when I noticed it on the Xbox.

Also a little off topic but anyone no what the "SoundCloud 8" app is on Xbox. It doesn't work but was wondering if it was their first attempt at the app on console . Some the features are cool if they actually worked .
This has been ticking me off since Soundcloud was launched on Xbox. This problem has been here since day one. 3 songs at most and it quits while in the background, have sent complaints into Microsoft and they have bot given an answer as to why.

Please Microsoft, why can't your console process as much as my phone can? 😞
Happens to me also and it’s really annoying and when you have to make time in the middle of your game to go to the app, after I listen to my song, it plays music that isn’t on my playlist nor likes, several problems and it sucks because I love SoundCloud and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it
the soundcloud app keeps crashing randomly whilst playing in the background it plays a few songs then just quits. Has anyone else experienced this and do you know of a fix?

Thank you

the xbox has to load the game first if you stay still and nothing loads the music will be fine but while moving the xbox has to load the game but the music is also loading so the xbox turns off the music so it doesn’t effect the gaming performance