Question

SoundCloud App: Songs randomly skips about 10 seconds in the middle of the song playing.

• 4 October 2015
  • 4 replies

When I am playing a song on my Galaxy Note Edge, running Android 5.0.1 with the SoundCloud app version 15.09.21, it will in the middle of me playing a song, advance the song about 5 to 10 seconds without me being in the App, or touching anything. It just happened when this most recently update came out. Hopefully this can get fixed!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear this isn't working properly for you right now. Let's see. Have you tried the basic Android steps we usually recommend the following:
1. Log out of the app
2. Force stop it by going to your Application Manager and clicking 'Force Stop'.
3. Under this menu also click 'Clear Cache'.
4. Restart your device
5. Open the app and log in again

*If none of these steps help to sort out the issue, please try deleting the app and re-installing it again from the Google Play store.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,
Mathis
The same happens to me, but with an iPhone 5s, with the newest version. In a lot of Eurovision songs. I tried to be in the app, and fast forward to skip the place where it skips to the next song. But at that point and forward to the end, it just skips to the next song. Is there anything SoundCloud could do? Or is there any routine with iPhone 5s
I'm on PC and when I play songs there are sections where it sounds as if 1 second of music is cut out of two separate places in the song and are moved into each others place. This problem has only started recently... is this a known problem and if so what is the solution.
Yep - macbook pro - in Safari - the songs are skipping during play - chunks of the song - it just skips ahead or repeats a section over and over like a broken needle - very odd for streaming.