Answered

Soundcloud being extremely slow

• 3 February 2018
  • 4 replies

I’ve been using Soundcloud for years on my iPhone and the past week it has been extremely slow. My phone is updated and the app itself is updated and I think the new update is what did it in. It takes a solid 2-3 minutes to even open the app and then when I try to click a song to play it, it takes another minute or two to even start playing. Going to the next song when it already is playing is fine but selecting a song is painfully slow and unresponsive. The now playing screen will be on the song I picked but even when I press pause and play it sticks to the song currently playing until the new one loads. Also scrolling through the feed takes forever too when it loads the older posts it freezes and takes another couple minutes to load. This is getting ridiculous and needs to be fixed or I can’t use this app anymore. Has anyone experienced the same things and/or have a solution to this?
icon

Best answer by omnirin 5 February 2018, 17:22

I’ve had the same problem but I’ve done a little research and I’ve seen others with the same problem after moving or returning from a different country,
I obviously know I didn’t go to a different country but I do use a vpn(Betternet) which changes my location and ultimately screwed my SoundCloud.

I fixed it by deleting and redownloading loading the app
View original

4 replies

It is happening to me too it’s ridiculous 😒
Same. Probably related to the outage they posted about, but is marked resolved. The entire app is slow, not just playback or scrolling... loading an album tracklist, adding to one of my playlists, etc. What's up, SoundCloud?
I’ve had the same problem but I’ve done a little research and I’ve seen others with the same problem after moving or returning from a different country,
I obviously know I didn’t go to a different country but I do use a vpn(Betternet) which changes my location and ultimately screwed my SoundCloud.

I fixed it by deleting and redownloading loading the app
Hey all,

We've seen similar reports of this on our support system. Our engineering team are aware of it and a fix should be available very shortly from the App Store.

Please keep your eyes on the App Store and update your app as soon as the latest fix is out.

Cheers,
Nick