Question

Soundcloud EXTREMELY slow

Show first post

37 replies

Um, I guess there is comfort in knowing I am not alone? Soundcloud in my iphone is either impossibly slow or crashes after 2 minutes, login logout drains battery as mentioned above, since about 3 days ago. I hope the issue can be resolved, as I have been using soundcloud for years and would hate to have to abandon the platform.:?:?:?:?
I have an IPhone 6s and was having this same problem for a couple weeks. App was taking 2 minutes to open, and song we’re taking 2 to 3 min just to play. I went to SoundCloud app settings and enabled “Clean Database” and “Clean Image Cache” SoundCloud app runs perfectly fine and fast again. Hope this helps for everyone:
lately my soundcloud app has been acting up, been with sound cloud go for a about a year now never had a problem with anything, now it’s hell literally i have to wait for about 5 mins to launch the app as it shows the “soundcloud” logo and the buffer circle then as it loads up even when i click on my latest liked music i STILL HAVE TO WAIT for another good 5 mins cause it delays even looking at my playlists takes awhile to load and when the music actually does play it often crashes out of a sudden 🤬
I have an IPhone 6s and was having this same problem for a couple weeks. App was taking 2 minutes to open, and song we’re taking 2 to 3 min just to play. I went to SoundCloud app settings and enabled “Clean Database” and “Clean Image Cache” SoundCloud app runs perfectly fine and fast again. Hope this helps for everyone:

Glad that worked for you. I wish this was an option on the 7, but it's just not there. I'm on SC 5.22.0-20322 and just don't see any options to clear anything, except signout. 😞
This is killin’ me. I tried to aux last night, and when I changed the song it played the first part of the last song. I had to hear the beginning of “Purple Lamborghini” by Rick Ross at least 13 times. I can say with full confidence that I got a migraine.

Please make SoundCloud faster again
Experiencing this issue especially when you return/travel from/to different country.
Reinstalling the app on Iphone has fixed the problem.

Hope that helps..
Hey all,

Sorry for the lack of moderation on this thread. The problems you've been seeing have not always been due to the same root cause in this instance, even though the results are the same.

We've received other similar reports from iOS users through our support system recently. Our engineering team are aware of the problem and a fix is in the works.

Please keep your eyes peeled for updates on the App Store with more information.

Cheers,
Nick
Well i use Android and the streams lagging a lot the last months. I have been trying to listen to several podcasts quite many times, but after 5min of lagging I give up. This is so sad... If this is not fixed soon I will just remove soundcloud from the phone and use tunein or something else...
So yea, I also have issues with the app on Android. Over the course of a few years I switched from using other platforms to using Soundcloud as my only source for music.

I'm using the Android app on my S7 Edge for quite some time now and it has shown a couple of issues that have been going on for a good couple of months now.

First problem that showed up was the sound wave not being synced with the music.
So for example, the sound wave is showing me that the song I'm listening to at that moment should be dropping but instead I hear it drop a couple of seconds later. Not that big of an issue but still.

Second problem that occurred and biggest problem is the unresponsiveness of the app.
It has gotten to a few seconds of lagg (a few months ago) to crashes and +30 seconds of lagg now. This can be seen anywhere, from loading my likes, opening one of mine playlists to loading a song.

I reinstalled the app and factory resetted my phone a couple of times when problems occurred but I quickly noticed that, that didn't help at all.

When the Soundcloud subscriptions got released I knew I'd get one since it's a no-brainer for me. But I also hoped and waited for a performance update or a complete rewrite of the app, but no. Still nothing improved. I'd be happy to contribute in any way possible.

I hope Soundcloud reads this and will resolve the problem as I am completely independent of Souncloud and use it every day when I'm commuting to school on the train.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes :D
Greets from Belgium
Actually, in the website the lagging is intense too. But i managed to isolate the lag in a dispose method of javascript in the subview rendering. After few local tweaks, the page is viewable again.
But this kind of poor coding makes me really hesitate to go premium. I won't pay an extra fee to have it sluggish.
Actually, in the website the lagging is intense too. But i managed to isolate the lag in a dispose method of javascript in the subview rendering. After few local tweaks, the page is viewable again.
But this kind of poor coding makes me really hesitate to go premium. I won't pay an extra fee to have it sluggish.

How's that work? Something you need to do in console, or some steps in the UI for the gargbage collector to work?
lately my soundcloud app has been acting up, been with sound cloud go for a about a year now never had a problem with anything, now it’s hell literally i have to wait for about 5 mins to launch the app as it shows the “soundcloud” logo and the buffer circle then as it loads up even when i click on my latest liked music i STILL HAVE TO WAIT for another good 5 mins cause it delays even looking at my playlists takes awhile to load and when the music actually does play it often crashes out of a sudden 🤬
this works more pepole need to see this