Answered

Soundcloud Go Storage Location

Is there a way to direct offline content to an sd card rather than phone's internal memory? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 4 May 2017, 13:33

Hi there,

Closing this topic - this feature has been implemented on the Android app. Please see here for more info.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

51 replies

Userlevel 1
I would also like to know this. I will not subscribe until this feature is implemented.
Big, big deal. Going to have to cancel my subscription without this as a possibility.
This should really be a top priority. The fact that I can't do so is very disheartening, considering that Spotify for example allows you to do this.
Working so far: Turning the sync of soundcloud songs off, moving app to sd card on android phone, and turning the sync back off helped me. I thought i had it moved before, but redoing it helped i think. note the entire app doesn't move to sd card
Userlevel 1
Working so far: Turning the sync of soundcloud songs off, moving app to sd card on android phone, and turning the sync back off helped me. I thought i had it moved before, but redoing it helped i think. note the entire app doesn't move to sd card
Hey@gk10,

This doesn't work for me on galaxy s7. You may want to check you Settings - Storage on your device, because although the App Info for soundcloud DOES say that the storage is on external, I found offline listening to still be using my internal storage.

My Step by Step
    Turn OFF offline listening and remove all offline songs Go to App Info for Soundcloud and move to SD card Restart phone Open soundcloud and log in Turn ON offline listening Check soundcloud app info again, see that the size is increasing on the SD card as I download songs.
  1. Check Settings - Storage to see that sadly, my internal storage space decreasing instead of my SD card.
Agreed, this needs to be sorted ASAP, otherwise I cannot use Soundcloud GO at all! Google Play does this very simply.
100% agree, this makes the app pretty unusable for me, my internal storage can't hack it. Hope this feature can be implemented!
Its sad that it doesn't allow users to save on SD card. Seems like an intentional oversight? Great app otherwise but gonna cancel. Please notify me if/when management decides to sync external storage.
I have signed up on these forums just to make my frustrations known about this issue.

Soundcloud is an amazing platform, but how could you guys have screwed this simple feature up so catastrophically badly?

Just to be clear; the ONLY reason I am interested in paying you any money is the offline playing of tracks. I only listen to non-commercial EDM music sets, i.e. your extra catalogue is irrelevant to me (not that I have seen any evidence of it!). Btw; I think you guys should charge £5 per month just for offline storage/caching, I wouldn't mind paying that long-term.

Anyway...

I have ~320 liked songs on my profile, most of which are sets i.e. 100MB each so to download them all you are looking at ~25-32GB. Clearly not going to fit on my internal storage. I have 128GB SD card so it would be OK there.

Then I thought; "I'll just save the tracks I want to download individually". Oh god. No chance.

Your app UI is so poor (on this feature mind, otherwise it's great) it apparently only lets you download all the likes at once (intermittently that is; the icon for that disappears sometimes!). There is no option to download a track from the track details screen. And I want the ability to check off lots of tracks to download in one bulk user action, I don't want to be drilling through to details screens on individual tracks to download them.... but I can't even do that!

BLOODY USELESS!

I tried moving the app to SD storage on my phone (S7 edge) and that didn't do anything. The app was still downloading to the internal storage.

SERIOUSLY SOUNDCLOUD, SORT IT OUT, ASAP!!!
I have signed up on these forums just to make my frustrations known about this issue.

Soundcloud is an amazing platform, but how could you guys have screwed this simple feature up so catastrophically badly?

Just to be clear; the ONLY reason I am interested in paying you any money is the offline playing of tracks. I only listen to non-commercial EDM music sets, i.e. your extra catalogue is irrelevant to me (not that I have seen any evidence of it!). Btw; I think you guys should charge £5 per month just for offline storage/caching, I wouldn't mind paying that long-term.

Anyway...

I have ~320 liked songs on my profile, most of which are sets i.e. 100MB each so to download them all you are looking at ~25-32GB. Clearly not going to fit on my internal storage. I have 128GB SD card so it would be OK there.

Then I thought; "I'll just save the tracks I want to download individually". Oh god. No chance.

Your app UI is so poor (on this feature mind, otherwise it's great) it apparently only lets you download all the likes at once (intermittently that is; the icon for that disappears sometimes!). There is no option to download a track from the track details screen. And I want the ability to check off lots of tracks to download in one bulk user action, I don't want to be drilling through to details screens on individual tracks to download them.... but I can't even do that!

BLOODY USELESS!

I tried moving the app to SD storage on my phone (S7 edge) and that didn't do anything. The app was still downloading to the internal storage.

Ditto to all of this. SoundcCloud is invaluable to the underground EDM community and I don't want to pay $10/month to NOT be able to download single tracks. Why in the world would they design an app that either downloads all the tracks or none, unless they're in a playlist?

I also listen to mostly sets so I would literally have to put 1 set in 1 playlist just to download it. Waste of time and effort.
When will this be fixed? This is a bit ridiculous that this wasn't available from the start. I need this!
Hi there,

The location for the offline sync storage can currently not be changed, sorry. We've forwarded it to our engineers though.

Cheers
Mathis

It's been a month, any news on this?
Hi there,

The location for the offline sync storage can currently not be changed, sorry. We've forwarded it to our engineers though.

Cheers
Mathis

Can we not classify this as answered.... Please leave it open
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

Also, why did it take a month for a representative of soundcloud to respond?!
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

This is critical. I signed up for account but won't pay until this is an option.
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

Update this info!
Userlevel 1
Hello??? SoundCloud?? This is a huge deal for A LOT OF US

... the only reason I purchased my subscription was to be able to listen to music on my phone when I am not at home without using my data. Because I am forced as the only option for saving music to my phone, to be to the internal storage, I now have no use for the subscription I paid for.

PLEASE PLEASE every other major music service already has, and has had, this feature for a long time ... please stay up to date with your competitors, now my money will be going to them instead of you!
Userlevel 1
As we all know as well, there are many different ways out there to download our soundcloud music, WHY are you forcing people to use these methods (even when they are paying subscribers!!!)

... just like the movie/tv industry has learned, if you make it harder and more difficult for people to legitimately get what they want, than illegally or using other methods .... what do you think they will do ... come on man, get with the program.
Is this working for anyone else?

Anyway...

BLOODY USELESS!

I only signed up for the intro offer and really just want to have all my "liked" and playlisted tracks/mixes available when I'm abroad..etc. or driving through dodgy 4G zones.
I use Spotify, but really enjoy more upfront and underground music too, SoundCloud is full of that stuff. Just want it offline now, happy to pay a few bucks. Phone memory isn't capable, I've 5gb+ in my liked list alone, that's mostly single tracks, have lists of DJ mixes too.
My SD card is ready and waiting for all this data.
Have thought of going blackhat on this too to be honest, just so I can get all the data on my SD before my holiday abroad next week.
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

It's been 5 months!
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

+1 this is a mandatory option, it needs to be added asap ...
I agree this is top priority! I want to be able to listen my fav music also in the underground please. With only 16GB of space on my phone I can't use the offline feature of the App. Thanks
Agreed, this needs to be sorted ASAP, otherwise I cannot use Soundcloud GO at all! Google Play does this very simply.
You better clue into this soundcloud Does not sound like rocket science! Do you want subscribers or not? Offlining is huge! The main reason anyone pays.