Question

Soundcloud keeps randomly opening and playing songs when I never even opened the app

Soundcloud randomly opens and plays songs when it wasn't even open. I can just be playing my games, and soundcloud randomly starts playing my songs. It kind of creeps me out and annoys me cause it's constantly been opening. I tried force closing it, uninstalling it and re-installing it, but it just kept playing my songs.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Mikasa,

Thanks for writing in, we have no other similar reports. Do you keep the app running in the background and accidentally triggering play when switching between apps? Is this happening with any other apps?

If all else looks normal but you swear the app is possessed then please get back to me with phone type, model and app version.

Cheers,
Gina
Hi Mikasa,

Thanks for writing in, we have no other similar reports. Do you keep the app running in the background and accidentally triggering play when switching between apps? Is this happening with any other apps?

If all else looks normal but you swear the app is possessed then please get back to me with phone type, model and app version.

Cheers,
Gina

I don't have the app running in the background, it just starts running on its own. My phone type is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, Samsung-SGH-1257, and my play store says the app version is 15.06.09-release.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mikasa,

Cheers,
Gina

Hi again nico,

Hmm, to be honest, I have never heard of this being an issue before. Can you make out any patterns with this? Like, does it ONLY happen when you're playing a specific game for instance?

As an alternative from our end, I'd recommend that you join our public beta program - that way you can make sure you have the most current version of our app, where we're testing our newest developments on the app.

You can find the program here.
Hi Mikasa,

Cheers,
Gina

This happens to me as well. App will be totally closed and just start playing. I have a samsung galaxy note 3
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mikasa,

Cheers,
Gina

Hi Scott,

Thanks for joining this convo. Have you tried the beta version of the mobile app? Does the same issue occur?
I have the same issue on iPhone 6. it just starts in the middle of the night playing a random track. the phone is locked and the app is not playing in the background
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I have the same issue on iPhone 6. it just starts in the middle of the night playing a random track. the phone is locked and the app is not playing in the background
Hi there,

Sorry to hear this is happening. Have you tried deleting the app, restarting your phone, then downloading it again from the App Store?
Hi Mikasa,

Cheers,
Gina

I have the same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy core prime. Ill be watching youtube videos, or netflix or just scrolling through instagram and soundcloud just opens and starts playing songs. Its really weird and kinda scary because i didnt even touch it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mikasa,

Cheers,
Gina

Hi Cloudnado,

Thanks for reporting this. Have you tried the following steps to see if this helps?
1. Log out of the app
2. Force stop it by going to your Application Manager and clicking 'Force Stop'.
3. Under this menu also click 'Clear Cache'.
4. Restart your device
5. Open the app and log in again

*If none of these steps help to sort out the issue, please try deleting the app and re-installing it once again from the Google Play store.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,
Mathis
I have this exact same problem. My school is extremely strict on my phone and I don’t want the UUSR anthem playing during class.
Never thought this conversation would exist, Anyway, facing the same issue. Soundcloud randomly starts playing music on my phone. I have an iPhoneX and I use soundcloud when I am travelling to work everyday. However sometimes it starts playing songs while phone is dormant on my desk. It acts as if I played the song from where I had left off. Also, it does not pause at the 1st click on pause, it shows paused on screen (with play button active) but it is still playing the song, It stops only when I unpause it again and pause it again.

This happens randomly and hence I haven't tried reinstalling the app or closing all apps as I cannot do that every time.

Thanks 🙂
Yes, same issue here on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S phones 🤔
I recently subscribed to Go+ and this is the first time its happens to me. I’ve had SoundCloud for YEARS and it’s never happened with the free version. I subscribed on Sunday and 3 days later I have this issue. It creeped me out! Is there any fix? I have Iphone8S
Issue still unresolved after 4 years? Happens every time with headphones or Bluetooth connected. The app is not running in recents but music starts randomly.
Userlevel 2
Started happening to me today randomly and I've had soundcloud for years. Nothing new has changed, same no subscription, same phone, it will stop the music playing on my PC because it says it started playing on another device and sure enough it's my phone. The "customer support" provided by soundcloud is atrocious, are you seriously suggesting that because it doesn't happen to anyone else it could be user error? Fix it!
Userlevel 2
I created multiple threads regarding the like limit over several years and soundcloud "customer service" saw fit to completely delete almost all of them and only leave the first post up, like maybe if they get rid of the evidence it never happened, but it did, and your customer service is a joke. Let's see how long these comments stay up.

Happened to me today! Was just producing, minding my own business when my browser (I’m on Windows 10), when some random instruments just joined while I’m playing my preview. Got really confused, and checked my browser. Yep, Soundcloud just suddenly randomly plays a song for me without me clicking anything, a premium song preview. I don’t know what caused it, didn’t touch the browser at all.