Question

SoundCloud on Apple Watch

Userlevel 2
Hi,

I was wondering if there were any plans to add SoundCloud to the Apple Watch 3? I was reading that it was once compatible with the Apple Watch and has since been removed. I didn't research it too much but because I briefly read it was on the watch it was one of the main reasons I purchased one and was devastated when I learnt it was no longer compatible!

Many thanks,

Kyle

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Kyle,

The original project came about during an engineer's free time and unfortunately, there are currently no resources going into developing an app for the Apple Watch moving forward. I'll be sure to pass on your query for future consideration.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi,

I can see why maintaining a version from Series 2 or Series 1 was not very useful.
But now that you can stream music directly from Series 3, it kinda makes sense.
Userlevel 1
+1 for Apple Watch 3 app!
I was just about to buy an apple watch 3 for the sole purpose of using SC. Guess not 😕
I HAVE bought the Apple Watch 3 hoping very much to steam SC while running and other life activities best supported with continuous heavenly sound. So pretty please? Crowdfunding? 😉
Also got the Apple Watch thinking I would be able to use soundcloud which is my main source of music, so disappointed.
Please add soundcloud to Apple Watch 3 😞
Userlevel 1
Hi Soundcloud team,

The community is telling you - we need a Soundcloud app for WatchOS. I would like the ability to save a handful of soundcloud tracks with playlist organization. Apple has made it easier to develop for the watch. I am open to paying a subscription fee on top of what I pay now for SC, just for this feature. https://developer.apple.com/watchos/

Thanks!
I am subscriber too, and would use the heck out of this feature.

Cheers!
What is the latest? Can you please allow the Apple Watch 3 compatibility? Soundcloud is the best music platform in my opinion.. this needs to happen!
I’m also a paying subscriber and I would like to stream SoundCloud from my apple watch please.
+ 1!
It would give me a reason to pay to be able to listen offline.
I just bought an apple watch and am so upset that I can’t stream soundcloud on it. Soundcloud is all I listen to and now feel like I should move to something else so that I can have all of my music and be able to use my apple watch with all of that music 😞 i’m a paying subscriber so I was really disappointed to find out that there wasn’t any app for the watch
I would pay money for a watch app and I know a bunch of my friends would as well.
Would definitely get the Pro subscription if it allowed me to listen on an Apple Watch Series 3 - Soundcloud is my go-to music source during workouts.
If SoundCloud is not going to support this app the least they can do is comment on the Youtube demo "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA4XxlADa8I" or have this taken down. If you search "apple watch 3 soundcloud" in google, this is the first query result. This is VERY misleading. I to had the expectation this was available on the Apple Watch 3, and as someone who already pays for a SC premium, it was a significant factor in my decision to pay for the cellular version of the watch. In hind sight I should have done more due diligence, but it's a shame you guys can't be bothered to address the misleading content portraying SC branding.
Come on SoundCloud team! Create a Watch App!

for now it leaves me no choice but to look for alternatives ... ie your competition!

Your non-combatibility is driving your customers away!
Roamr wrote:

If SoundCloud is not going to support this app the least they can do is comment on the Youtube demo "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA4XxlADa8I" or have this taken down. If you search "apple watch 3 soundcloud" in google, this is the first query result. This is VERY misleading. I to had the expectation this was available on the Apple Watch 3, and as someone who already pays for a SC premium, it was a significant factor in my decision to pay for the cellular version of the watch. In hind sight I should have done more due diligence, but it's a shame you guys can't be bothered to address the misleading content portraying SC branding.

Was about to buy the watch3 as well, and thankfully I found this thread. I'm going to hold off unless you launch something that works for WatchiOS. I pay for SC, and really do love it, so put some money behind developing a solution or I'll just look to other music providers who stay ahead of the curve.
Soundcloud on my Apple Watch 3 >>> is it possible? Yes or no?

I can't imagine why no.

I love SC.
no app? dang!
With the new watch OS 5 out today and allowing you to select which wifi to connect this will for sure this would surely increase users on watch OS. Can we have an app for OS you can make it free with basic feature and more features with paid users which for most users of watch OS are
Please add SC to Apple Watch. It would be nice to play our playlist while we running, hiking, skating....... without having the phone all the time on us.
I love SoundCloud
PLEASE bring back the watch app. I will also be leaving my phone at home more often with the cellular watch models becoming more independent of the phone. I'm a Go+ subscriber and a heavy user, but this might actually justify cancelling my subscription.
ich brauche auch unbedingt eine SC App für meine AW3 ❤️
soundcloud doesnt give a crap about what users want.. then they wonder why the platform continues to crumble as users go elsewhere to get what they want.
I would become a paying subscriber if they had an apple watch app. Come in soundcloud!