Question

SoundCloud on Apple Watch

• 11 January 2018
  • 42 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi,

I was wondering if there were any plans to add SoundCloud to the Apple Watch 3? I was reading that it was once compatible with the Apple Watch and has since been removed. I didn't research it too much but because I briefly read it was on the watch it was one of the main reasons I purchased one and was devastated when I learnt it was no longer compatible!

Many thanks,

Kyle

42 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi Soundcloud team,

The community is telling you - we need a Soundcloud app for WatchOS. I would like the ability to save a handful of soundcloud tracks with playlist organization. Apple has made it easier to develop for the watch. I am open to paying a subscription fee on top of what I pay now for SC, just for this feature. https://developer.apple.com/watchos/

Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Hi,

I can see why maintaining a version from Series 2 or Series 1 was not very useful.
But now that you can stream music directly from Series 3, it kinda makes sense.
Userlevel 1
+1 for Apple Watch 3 app!
Userlevel 1
Please add SC to Apple Watch. It would be nice to play our playlist while we running, hiking, skating....... without having the phone all the time on us.
I love SoundCloud
Userlevel 1
I HAVE bought the Apple Watch 3 hoping very much to steam SC while running and other life activities best supported with continuous heavenly sound. So pretty please? Crowdfunding? 😉
What is the latest? Can you please allow the Apple Watch 3 compatibility? Soundcloud is the best music platform in my opinion.. this needs to happen!
If SoundCloud is not going to support this app the least they can do is comment on the Youtube demo "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA4XxlADa8I" or have this taken down. If you search "apple watch 3 soundcloud" in google, this is the first query result. This is VERY misleading. I to had the expectation this was available on the Apple Watch 3, and as someone who already pays for a SC premium, it was a significant factor in my decision to pay for the cellular version of the watch. In hind sight I should have done more due diligence, but it's a shame you guys can't be bothered to address the misleading content portraying SC branding.
greetings wo anyone with the power to make this happen! Please get SoundCloud on the series 4 watch! I go for runs and miss out on my favourite streaming app! Make it premium only if you have to but don’t miss out on the future
I just bought an apple watch and am so upset that I can’t stream soundcloud on it. Soundcloud is all I listen to and now feel like I should move to something else so that I can have all of my music and be able to use my apple watch with all of that music 😞 i’m a paying subscriber so I was really disappointed to find out that there wasn’t any app for the watch
Userlevel 1
Soundcloud Team - love the service (am paying subscriber). Out of curiosity, what is the criteria you need to hit in order to respond to customer demand and resource this piece of development? Requests, financial, other? Then the community can focus on delivering that for your metrics...let’s make a deal! 🙂
I’m also a paying subscriber and I would like to stream SoundCloud from my apple watch please.
ye i have SoundCloud go+ and am buying an apple watch. now I'm looking into other ways to stream my music that work in the watch. please make an app. SoundCloud is truly my favorite.
Also got the Apple Watch thinking I would be able to use soundcloud which is my main source of music, so disappointed.
Please add soundcloud to Apple Watch 3 😞
I was just about to buy an apple watch 3 for the sole purpose of using SC. Guess not 😕
I would pay money for a watch app and I know a bunch of my friends would as well.
I am subscriber too, and would use the heck out of this feature.

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Kyle,

The original project came about during an engineer's free time and unfortunately, there are currently no resources going into developing an app for the Apple Watch moving forward. I'll be sure to pass on your query for future consideration.

Cheers
Mathis
With the new watch OS 5 out today and allowing you to select which wifi to connect this will for sure this would surely increase users on watch OS. Can we have an app for OS you can make it free with basic feature and more features with paid users which for most users of watch OS are
Userlevel 1
I would become a paying subscriber if they had an apple watch app. Come in soundcloud!
+ 1!
It would give me a reason to pay to be able to listen offline.
Now on apple watch 5 still no soundcloud. U guys need to get with the times
I agree with the others in saying it would be hugely useful, and woul add that it would make it very compelling feature of soundcloud Go or premium. I could imagine offline listening (of your recently "favourite" tracks)to be massively popular.
I have recently bought apple watch series 5 and was hugely disappointed by the fact that sound cloud has no apple watch app, the main usage for my watch is during running or going to the gym where I usually listen to music so not having an apple watch app is a huge set back! I am paying a soundcloud pro subscription and find no logical reason why soundcloud can't invest in developing a watch app!

I will now explore other music apps and might decide to stop my soundcloud pro subscription
Hey guys - are there completely no plans to do this since cellular is an option with an Apple Watch? You mention it’s not in the roadmap but roadmaps change as technology does.

spotify have now joined the party and are releasing their app - surely it’s right to deliver on this?

Is is it possible for an update please? Even if the message is still that it’s not in your roadmap. No soundcloud devalues the watch for me therefore it will be off the Christmas list so seeking some clarity prior to purchase.

Thanks

Adam
Every other streaming service has an Apple Watch app but all I listen to is SoundCloud. I don’t want that to change but I might have to if you don’t make an app. It can’t be that hard and I’m sure there is time and resources for you to do so. Please make this.