Answered

Soundcloud stops When app is closed or screen is locked

• 28 July 2017
  • 9 replies

Hello. Until yesterday I allways listened to soundcloud on the background, but at this morning itstarted to behave like the YouTube app. When i close the app to use another app And have it still running on the background, the music stops And as soon as im in the soundcloud app again the music continues. Same as When i lock my screen. I hope they're not going to be like the YouTube app because this is anoying as hell. I have an iPhone 5 btw
Hope someone can enligthen this for me
icon

Best answer by Mathis 28 July 2017, 11:02

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. For a fresh start, I'd recommend to delete the app, restart your device, then download again.

Please note that if you have a SoundCloud Go/ SoundCloud Go+ subscription, you will need to re-download your content for offline listening.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. For a fresh start, I'd recommend to delete the app, restart your device, then download again.

Please note that if you have a SoundCloud Go/ SoundCloud Go+ subscription, you will need to re-download your content for offline listening.

Cheers
Mathis
Mine was doing the same thing. I didn't have to delete the app but all I did was restart my phone and it works good now.
I restarted my phone like you said and it's fine too now. Thanks treva 👍
I found this happened after installing Android 9.0 Pie and realised I just needed to set the permissions of SoundCloud to allow background use. A little obscure so I hope this helps someone :)

Settings > apps > SoundCloud > Battery > Background restriction > Allow
this worked for me:

After some investigation I have found the resolution, if anyone needed it in the future.
The issue is happening to me for all music apps and it is cutting out because Google Chrome is closing with the screen lock. I'm not sure how the two are related, but after changing the Chrome app settings I'm no longer having the issue.
Here is what I did on my Huawei, but I'm sure it will be similar across Android devices.

Settings > Apps > Chrome > Battery > Slide "Close after screen locked" off
I found this happened after installing Android 9.0 Pie and realised I just needed to set the permissions of SoundCloud to allow background use. A little obscure so I hope this helps someone :)

Settings > apps > SoundCloud > Battery > Background restriction > Allow

Thank you so much for sharing!!! This helped me.
this worked for me:

After some investigation I have found the resolution, if anyone needed it in the future.
The issue is happening to me for all music apps and it is cutting out because Google Chrome is closing with the screen lock. I'm not sure how the two are related, but after changing the Chrome app settings I'm no longer having the issue.
Here is what I did on my Huawei, but I'm sure it will be similar across Android devices.

Settings > Apps > Chrome > Battery > Slide "Close after screen locked" off

You, are my hero! I tried EVERYTHING from reinstall to finding older version, cleaning the cache, removing and putting back all permissions even on the advanced energy saver settings, it was driving me nuts, you saved my c̶a̶r̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h life!
Have done all of the above twice. Can't find Battery restrictions on my Huawei P Smart 2019,android 9.

Only thing that helps is to turn screen sleep off.

Please make this work for me, cause this is annoying the living daylight out of me. Feels cheap.
Have done all of the above twice. Can't find Battery restrictions on my Huawei P Smart 2019,android 9.

Only thing that helps is to turn screen sleep off.

Please make this work for me, cause this is annoying the living daylight out of me. Feels cheap.

Did you find a solution ?
I'm still stuck with this issue, which is even more annoying because I'm paying for SoundCloud Go+...