Answered

Soundcloud x Google Home

• 31 October 2016
  • 15 replies

Does anyone know if Soundcloud is going to be compatible with Google Home?
icon

Best answer by Jen 4 November 2016, 03:59

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately we do not have any information on this at this time.

If this functionality becomes available, we will notify the community.

Cheers,
Jen
View original

15 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately we do not have any information on this at this time.

If this functionality becomes available, we will notify the community.

Cheers,
Jen
Was curious about this as well. Seems like Home integrations will be wrapped up into their Assistant SDK http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/4/13164882/google-assistant-actions-on-google-developer-sdk
Bump. Currently I can cast my playlists from my phone to Google Home which is a start, but ideally I'd like to see the type of integration that doesn't require my phone to operate my Soundcloud playlists. Currently a Soundcloud Go subscriber and I can see a lot of people shifting to Google Play Music if it is the only integrated streaming service.
In fact, I would specifically leave what I have now and immediately go to the first smart home device that DOES integrate soundcloud GO.
Bump. Currently I can cast my playlists from my phone to Google Home which is a start, but ideally I'd like to see the type of integration that doesn't require my phone to operate my Soundcloud playlists. Currently a Soundcloud Go subscriber and I can see a lot of people shifting to Google Play Music if it is the only integrated streaming service.

Hey there! Thanks for your reply. I just got google home and wondering what you mean by playing your playlists from your phone to google home. I'm obsessed with SoundCloud and all my music is there, but seems like there is no way to play it via the home device?
Another vote to encourage SoundCloud to integrate with Google Home.

@SmallSwedishLad: If you're in the SoundCloud app on your phone and you hit the Cast Icon, (assuming you're on the same network as your Google Home) you should have your Google Home device available as one of the options. Instead of casting to a Chromecast, you'll just cast to your Google Home.

Obviously it'd be nice to simply say "Ok Google, please play my [playlist name] playlist from SoundCloud." and have it do that rather than have to get onto your phone to manually cast the music, but it one can actually cast to the Home through one's phone.
Wouldn't using the Chromecast Audio and the Soundcast unofficial Soundcloud streaming app within Chromecast Audio was a viable way to control your playlist via google home commands? That way you can connect the Chromecast Audio to any speaker and control your playlists too. I'm not sure if this will work, but it might.
Just an update that there is no ETA but Google confirmed that Soundcloud will be compatible with Google Home. I'm guessing/hoping that it comes by the end of the summer at the latest.
If you use chrome as your browser you can cast the website to your google home device and the audio will just play. In the settings menu of chrome browser (3 dots top right hand side of screen) just click cast and select your device:

Another vote to encourage SoundCloud to integrate with Google Home.

@SmallSwedishLad: If you're in the SoundCloud app on your phone and you hit the Cast Icon, (assuming you're on the same network as your Google Home) you should have your Google Home device available as one of the options. Instead of casting to a Chromecast, you'll just cast to your Google Home.

Obviously it'd be nice to simply say "Ok Google, please play my [playlist name] playlist from SoundCloud." and have it do that rather than have to get onto your phone to manually cast the music, but it one can actually cast to the Home through one's phone.

Or what you could say is “Hey Google, play my liked tracks from/on SoundCloud” and it would play your liked tracks or you could ask “Hey Google, shuffle my liked tracks from/on SoundCloud”, or “Hey Google, keep this track on repeat” but those are just some commands that I think would make it easier!
Userlevel 1
Yeah what's going on here SoundCloud?! You made this blog post over a year ago, and still .... nothing ... this should be false advertising!

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2017/05/17/soundcloud-coming-google-home-soon/
Relly want to know this also, want support for Google Home, Android TV etc would be awsome.
It's possible now, if you go into the SoundCloud app on phone (that's the only way I know of right now), then first make sure your phone and Google Home is connected to the same network. Then, on the top right corner of the screen there should be a "cast" symbol here below

So then click on that and then there should be a list with all the speakers/TVs you can cast to. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 1
It's possible now, if you go into the SoundCloud app on phone (that's the only way I know of right now), then first make sure your phone and Google Home is connected to the same network. Then, on the top right corner of the screen there should be a "cast" symbol here below

So then click on that and then there should be a list with all the speakers/TVs you can cast to. Hope this helps!

I would not call this google home integration, this is google cast integration. What was meant was being able to ask google home to play soundcloud songs. This it can not do.
So unfortunately unlike spotify and deezer, soundcloud is not supported by google assistant or google home.
I have the same issue, was it solved? Still want to connect my website, google home and soundcloud somehow.