Question

Tapping on Artist name freezes app

• 3 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Having issues with the iOS app. Whenever I tap an Artist's name on a track so I can jump to their page, the app freezes. If I exit the app and return, I am then at the Artist's page. I updated to the latest version and the issue remains. Can anyone relate? I am on an iPhone 6S Plus iOS 10.0.2

4 replies

I just downgraded to v5.23 and it resolved the issue, so this is definitely a bug
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yikes - sorry to hear that. You could try removing the app, restart your device, then download again for a fresh start. Or, stick to the version you have right now as long as it is working for you of course 🙂
Hi Mathis...who can i get in touch with at Soundcloud to verify usage of the brand Soundcloud by a music magazine?
Yikes - sorry to hear that. You could try removing the app, restart your device, then download again for a fresh start. Or, stick to the version you have right now as long as it is working for you of course :-)

hey, thanks for responding. so i gave your advice a shot, and noticed some very odd behavior, and took it even further -i completely restored my iPhone/iOS today, and setup my phone AS NEW. I really wanted to record video and post it to ytube so you can really see first hand this behavior:

(this also takes into account the latest version released yesterday, v5.26.1)
so when I installed v5.26.1, or v5.25, the app initially opens up and with a track playing, the player is the tab at the end (with the wave bars moving), with this player active, if the player is maximized and I press on the Artist's name, I can jump to the Artist's Soundcloud page/profile.

if/once the app is forced closed (from iOS app switcher), upon re-opening the app, the tabbed player now becomes it's own section attached to the top of the tabs at the bottom; with this player now, if the player is maximized, and I press on the Artist's name, the iOS status bar appears (it is normally hidden), the track time count stops counting (freezes), and overall the whole app freezes -nothing can be pressed or selected; if the device's home button is pressed, and I return to the app, then I am taken to the Artist's page/profile.

i noticed the release notes of v5.25 boasting about a new mini-player, is that what this new section is that is attached to the top of the tabs at the bottom? if so, I must conclude that this bug is directly related to it. what is very, very odd, is that the app initially opens up with the old player, but at second instance of running, the new player is introduced, along w/this bug!

this is bug/issue is not present in the app versions 5.23.1 or lower, where the player remains as the tab at the end.

i hope the development team reads these forums and catches on to my findings, or if you can fwd it to them, i will also submit my finds via the contact methods.

is anyone else noticing this bug? or am i the only one who taps on an Artist's name in the player to jump to their page/profile?