Question

The 'record' button that is supposed to be in the 'more' section is missing.

• 6 October 2016
  • 4 replies

I am using the soundcard app with my kindle fire via the Amazon Appstore.
I want to record new things, but for whatever reason there just isn't an option to record anything.
I have looked a recording walkthroughs and have seen where you press the 'record' button but it is just not there.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Soundcloud is currently "rolling out lots of new features," which is another way of saying their new features are essentially dumping all features that support users who create recordings because they signed contracts with corrupt recording executives that want to ensure the Soundcloud exclusively markets crappy signed recording artists with major labels.

Thus, aspiring musicians need to stop creating music and shut up and listen to music that major labels can profit off of. That's why groups are gone, why you can't find the record button, why even this soundcloud community forum is scheduled to be deleted on Oct. 22nd.

In summary, don't think or create, just shut up and forget about creating anything and accept your new job of paying to be brainwashed by a mindless profit-obsessed corrupt corporate entertainment industry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Daniel,

Hmm, the recording function should still exist on the Android version of the SoundCloud app. Can you make sure to update the app to the most current version and restart your device?

Alternatively, many apps offer a direct integration to upload your creations to SoundCloud nowadays, so using an app that is focussed on the recording process might be something you want to look into.

Let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Soundcloud is currently "rolling out lots of new features," which is another way of saying their new features are essentially dumping all features that support users who create recordings because they signed contracts with corrupt recording executives that want to ensure the Soundcloud exclusively markets crappy signed recording artists with major labels.

Thus, aspiring musicians need to stop creating music and shut up and listen to music that major labels can profit off of. That's why groups are gone, why you can't find the record button, why even this soundcloud community forum is scheduled to be deleted on Oct. 22nd.

In summary, don't think or create, just shut up and forget about creating anything and accept your new job of paying to be brainwashed by a mindless profit-obsessed corrupt corporate entertainment industry.

Hi Warriorpoets,

May I ask where you got the idea of the help forum being deleted on Oct. 22? This is not the case.

Also, yes - we're constantly rolling out new features to SoundCloud, and have been doing so for many years. We're trying to improve existing features as well, for listeners, curators and creators, however if a system is causing more issues than improving the overall experience for users on SoundCloud, our product teams have to take into account a multitude of aspects to make an educated decision whether to improve upon the feature, or deprecating it in order to work on something new.

I can understand your frustration over groups being deprecated. As mentioned before, feedback around that topic is collected here.

Cheers
M
Userlevel 3

Thanks for replying Mathis....

When you posted that big changes were coming to this forum on October 22nd, someone quickly replied to your post to say that what you meant by that was that this forum was shutting down. If that's not the case, then why not reply to that comment to correct the record?

And why not just tell us what's going to happen on the 22nd rather than make vague promises about "big" changes coming when Soundcloud uploaders are currently becoming more and more upset about how disconnected and alienated they feel about Soundcloud's treatment of them?

As for groups, they didn't work for me and it's not much of a loss personally, but clearly by the amounts of replies on here about it, Soundcloud definitely thru the baby out with the bathwater on that one.

Most of all, how can we get more involved in meaningful ways? How can we better support our fellow musicians/uploaders? That's what's most improtant to your most active users on here!!!

Specifically, how can we filter out all the reposts so all of us who upload original content can actually enjoy each others uploads again? The reposting service has put so much awful music in my stream that I can rarely enjoy the actual uploader's work... It's gotten so bad that I've had to resort to unfollowing everyone who reposts. It's insane!!!

Why can't we go back to the days when Jane Shin was doing awesome inspiring work to encourage aspiring uploaders again? Clearly by the tone of all the comments on this forum, there's some serious concerns about Soundcloud trying to shut down everything that made us musicians/uploaders love Soundcloud in favor of model that only cares about listeners and wants to shun the liability of uploaders.

Are the executives at Soundcloud ever going to show some basic accountability to us? Or will they just keep ignoring uploaders and eliminating favorite features so every musician who still loves Soundcloud will finally have no reason to love it anymore?

Be well, Deane