Question

Very weird issue with SoundCloud and mobile network

• 27 August 2015
  • 5 replies

Hi,
I've been having troubles with my SoundCloud app in Android, but only when I use mobile networks (when I use WiFi it works fine). When I start a song in my playlist, this happens:

When I tap to stop the song or go back to the beggining of it, then suddenly it goes to the next song.

I tried to log off, clean the cache and then log in again, I've uninstalled and installed it again 2 times, I've restarted the mobile phone and I haven't fixed the problem. The app is updated to the last version.

Any help, please? And sorry for my english!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this on our help forum. Hmm, so you have already done all the things we would normally recommend as far as troubleshooting is concerned. One thing you might want to do is join our beta program. This way you'll be able to access the most current builds of our app, and you'll be able to submit crash / bug reports directly through the app. They will go straight to our mobile developers.

You can join the beta program here.

Other then that, can you let us know if this happens to any track? Or does it only occur on specific tracks? What device model and OS are you using? Have you installed custom rom or is your phone rooted?

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this on our help forum. Hmm, so you have already done all the things we would normally recommend as far as troubleshooting is concerned. One thing you might want to do is join our beta program. This way you'll be able to access the most current builds of our app, and you'll be able to submit crash / bug reports directly through the app. They will go straight to our mobile developers.

Other then that, can you let us know if this happens to any track? Or does it only occur on specific tracks? What device model and OS are you using? Have you installed custom rom or is your phone rooted?

Cheers
Mathis

It happens to any track, and I'm using a Nexus 5 with Android 5.1.1. My phone is rooted, but I haven't installed any rom.

I'm going to join the beta program as you recommended me, I hope it works.
I have the exact same problem I haven't switched data users or anything it just started doing this exact same thing I'm so disappointed I've used soundcloud for at least 5 years but never had this problem....
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

Thanks, let us know how the beta works for you.
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

I've updated the app to the beta version, and the problem has been solved.

Thank you!