Question

We're sorry, track not available on mobile.

• 8 April 2015
  • 7 replies

7 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "We're sorry,track not available on mobile" Happened all of a sudden!.

So I was on a nice roll after adding my first song, over 400 plays in less than 3 days... All of a sudden my plays hit a brickwall and suddenly stopped being played. I have tried on several different peoples devices now from various IP addresses and it says that We're sorry, track not available on mobile. _This originally was not the case there were no issues when playing the song on phones.

Now, the only way I can find the song to play is on my soundcloud app! The song has been well promoted and the views were rolling in and now I'm stuck frustrated and confused because there's no option to fix this.

Also on my main mobile page, when I press the PLAY button it just hilights but doesn't play. Also having trouble integrating my soundcloud to other sites.

Upgraded to pro account yesterday and that's when things really went crazy but I'm not sure if that's related.

Please help Thank you so much!!

LINK TO MY ARTIST PAGE:
https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/www.soundcloud.com/michaelthomas516
LINK TO SONG:
https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/www.soundcloud.com/michaelthomas516/set-me-free

-Mike
You guys aren't really helping him. The issue is on your end. Can you speak to a supervisor or someone much higher than you and get the word to whoever the programmer is for the mobile version of SoundCloud (not the app) and demand that they make sounds playable on all devices? If YouTube (and a thousand other popular streaming sites) can do it - so can you. I don't get why you'd just shrug, say you're sorry, and repeat the required verbiage for an issue like this when it's clearly an issue that needs to be addressed at corporate. This is HUGE. Playing sound files on your website is the primary [not secondary or just some random] feature of your website. FIX IT.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
mozilla firefox 29.01, Samsung GT-18160, Android 2.3.6
Hi again Juan,

Thanks for following up - I understand your concern. Were you able to get this working on your device in Chrome though? I'd be interested to know.

Other then that, the minimum requirements for users to reach the mobile site are as follows:
Android 4

iOS 7

Windows Phone 8

Firefox OS 1

BlackBerry 10

Our native Android and iOS apps can currently be installed under iOS 7 and Android 2.3+ (Gingerbread).

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Mathis
not really helps. The point is not to know if i can play my own tracks on my mobile phone. The point is to know if potential listeners could be able to do it. I dont think any potential listener would go all that hassle to listen something.

To be straigthforward, if i go further with soundcloud, i need to know the compatibility with cells (how new they need to know?). Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there again Juan,

Thanks you for following up on this - I've reached out to our mobile team to gather further details on compatibility, and it looks your operating system might be too old to play SoundCloud via your browser.

However, let's see what can be done here: May I ask if you've tried an alternate browser such as Chrome on your mobile device to see if it plays in there? Also, I'd recommend to do a restart of your phone and clear your browser history (cache & cookies) to see if these steps can already help fixing the issue.

Also, I've done some research and it looks like you might be able to update your OS to 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) if you wanted. I'd definitely try the other steps first, though.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Juan,

Thank you for writing in about this. I've just gone ahead and listened to your track from Chrome on my Android device and it was working just now. Can you shed some more light as to which operating system, mobile browser, etc. it is that you're using? We could then go ahead and try if we can reproduce the issue from over here.

Cheers
Mathis