Question

When will Soundcloud get Chromecast support on iOS?

• 4 November 2015
  • 52 replies

Userlevel 2
Simple question, but specific to iOS, which has been ignored here:

https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/when-will-soundcloud-get-chromecast-support

When will Soundcloud get Chromecast support on iOS?

52 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,
Thanks for getting in touch about this.

We’ve been seeing more frequent requests from users interested in Chromecast integration for SoundCloud. Currently we have made this available to Android users but unfortunately at this moment in time we do not offer any kind of integration for the iOS app.

It is something we are looking into and I will pass on your request to our engineers so they’re aware of how important it is to the community.

Thanks again,
Mathis
Userlevel 2
Thanks Mathis! Looking forward to it!
Userlevel 1
I would like to second this from Stephan and guarantee there are hundreds if not thousands more users that would love to see this feature. I actually got a chromecast audio assuming that it would have soundcloud on their as it's pretty much the sole music service I use but now i'm off in search of something to use in the meantime on my devices in the house.

Would absolutely love this capability. Really hope you guys do put it on the roadmap.

Adam
Userlevel 2
I would like to second this from Stephan and guarantee there are hundreds if not thousands more users that would love to see this feature. I actually got a chromecast audio assuming that it would have soundcloud on their as it's pretty much the sole music service I use but now i'm off in search of something to use in the meantime on my devices in the house.

Would absolutely love this capability. Really hope you guys do put it on the roadmap.

Adam

Seconded (or Thirded).

I also own a chromecast audio and occasinaly use it together with the 'cast tab' feature of chrome on my laptop. But it's quite inconvenient because I tend to use soundcloud as my primary music service from my iphone all the time.

it just makes sense.

Adam

Totally! Cant wait for this feature. Makes no sense to use a chromecast audio without being able to play soundcloud tracks via my iphone. Guys, please do something 🙂

Adam

Same here. Soundcloud support for Chromecast via iOS would really help at parties.

Adam

I would love to see chtomecast on iOS too!

Adam

I'm also interested in this feature and hope it soon will be available on iOS too... Specially because it should be pretty easy to implement...
Yes i'm very interesed in support of chromecast in soundcloud app on iOS !!
Yes! Yes!
Yes please!
soundcloud to chromecast for iOS pleaaaaase
Userlevel 2
@Mathis have you spoken to the development team?
Who are on the team and to whom can I send my pleas, bribes and prayers to make this a reality?

Give me 30 seconds (or 140 characters on twitter) alone with an engineer and I will easily pursuade them to recognise what a no-brainer this feature request is! ;)

I will send them cookies!
Userlevel 1
Maybe its not an technical issue but a conflict of interests between apple (apple tv) and chromecast (google)?
Maybe its not an technical issue but a conflict of interests between apple (apple tv) and chromecast (google)?
Neither Apple nor Google own SoundCloud, so I'm not aware of any conflict of interest. As random and spiteful as App Store curation is, I would be surprised if Apple let Spotify support Chromecast but not SoundCloud.
I was a bit suprised this wasn't available on the iOS app, really makes no sense to no put this in or put 'redesigned streams' above a functional feature like this one. Thanks.
Hi! I want Chromecast on the App on my Iphone. I love the App otherwise ❤ Tack på förhand! Thanx!!
C'mon Soundcloud, get your act together and support Chromecast Audio in your iOS app.
SInce Mixcloud does have this feature I'm curious why a well known player like Soundcloud does not have this implemented yet.
The people demands Chromecast audio with Soundcloud on iOS! 😃
When when when ????
Really looking forward to this.
Userlevel 2
@Mathis do you work with agile teams? Is this on a roadmap for one of the teams? Or can I stop dreaming?
I'm starting to use Youtube way more nowadays because soundcloud is not streamable to the chormecast via iOS

Plz bring te support!
I'd love to see this myself.