Sticky Solved

Where do I find the artists I'm following when using the iPhone app?

Userlevel 1
Where do I find the artists I'm following when using the iPhone app?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 7 June 2017, 11:43

Hi there everyone,

I just came across this topic and wanted to make sure this is properly updated: You can now access your list of followers and followings from within the iOS mobile app. In the app, just head over to your profile via the ... and from there, hit the info button in the upper right hand corner. 🙂

Cheers
Mathis

View original

97 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Sorry for delay in answering, this is not a feature on iPhone at this time.

-Gina
Userlevel 1
Are their plans for bringing this feature back in the near future (next 3 months)? I used to use that feature every time I was in the app and it's a drag that it's not available now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Mike Munnelly wrote:

Are their plans for bringing this feature back in the near future (next 3 months)? I used to use that feature every time I was in the app and it's a drag that it's not available now.

Hi Mike,

Most likely will not happen soon. There are other features that are higher requested that we're working on getting out first (like playlist creation for example). Thanks thought for letting me know you're missing the feature. All this type of feedback helps us gauge general user feedback.

Best,
Gina
Userlevel 1
I vote for getting it back soon! Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 1
Same here, could we get the "following" section back to the Ipad app ? I do not see the point of SC if we can not even listen to the people we want to follow in just 2 click (like it was before the update)
It sounds to me it is just non sense...
Thank you
Userlevel 1
I agree...it seems such a basic feature that it shouldn't be a "feature". It should be inherent.
I vote to have this feature back
Me too, please get the "following" section back soon! 🙂
I need to know the artist I'm following...why would they take this out?
Since the new update I'm really disappointed when I listen to soundcloud. Please bring back the 'following' section!!!
Same here, I am really missing this feature. Currently I cant find older podcasts I follow as they dont come up in my "stream" due to being at the end of the queue. Guess its not a big deal, because I can just use the native podcasts app on the iphone. I do like soundclouds interface and features much more however. But frankly, by taking away access to the podcasts I am following, you render using the soundcloud app nearly pointless. Very aggravating.
Userlevel 1
Mike Munnelly wrote:

Is this a joke? Your mobile app doesn't support:
  • playlist editing
  • accessing people you follow
  • AirPlay
  • insert additional essential missing features
These are not advanced capabilities - they're pretty important right after the ability to play music itself. Mobile should be your first priority. It shouldn't be treated like an afterthought or supplement to your website.

Even the website leaves a lot to be desired. I can't believe the entire page freezes for a couple of seconds every time you like a comment, lol.
I used this feature all the time. Most of my SC business is mobile. Thank you for considering bringing it back. I kept thinking that I just must not know the special secret to get my following list to show. Sad soundcloud face.
Gina wrote:

Hi,

-Gina

its really annoying that you cant... only thing i use.. play others playlists. isnt that the whole point of soundcloud ?
I totally agree... I was convinced I had some fvck up with my settings... I even paid 99 EUR to check if that enabled any functions. Sadly not, what a waste... SC is unfortunately a complete waste without the following function on mobile; and I don't even have a computer at home.
Userlevel 1
I can't believe this was omitted from the update - Spotify is now more useful when I'm at the gym..
Wow I'm shocked this is considered a "low priority feature". Seeing the people I follow and checking out their music is one of th core features of this app for me. Now i have to remember all of their individual handles to see their profiles? Come on
Gina wrote:

Hi,

-Gina

Hi Gina,

Please bring this back! Everyone who uses this app that I know agrees this is the single most important and frustrating thing about soundcloud iphone app. Thank you for the attention to our needs!!

Jenna
Gina wrote:

Hi,

-Gina

Cannot believe they took it away. I use the app to follow and listen to artists, now that basic principal has been removed. I have to listen to the artists in the order THEY choose by how frequently they post music not the way I want.
Gina wrote:

Hi,

-Gina

I'm sorry but this is completely unacceptable, not to have this option. You do have it, it seems, on the iPad app, and it's definitely on the Android app. Being able to see who I'm following is absoltely the number one tool I use everytime I launch Soundcloud. Please make this option available immediately, I can see from the numbers of people complaining about the lack of it that it definitely isn't a niche option.
Gina wrote:

Hi,

-Gina

I want this feature also! I don't want to have to like all their tracks just to get it in a convenient place!!
Mike Munnelly wrote:

I can't see who I'm following ! What's going on ?
mikkelriiber wrote:

I totally agree... I was convinced I had some fvck up with my settings... I even paid 99 EUR to check if that enabled any functions. Sadly not, what a waste... SC is unfortunately a complete waste without the following function on mobile; and I don't even have a computer at home.

You paid 99 euro? Lol how funny. How strange 😕
Gina wrote:

Hi,

-Gina

This app is missing soooooo many features. It's incredibly watered down. The developers need to not half ass this app and add the features available on a PC. I want to search by track length, view who I'm following, view who is following me, see track comments, view track listings, be able to comment myself on the song, over all they should add more of the thousands of genres out there to the list.

Soundcloud is a fantastic service, but there are many things needed to improve the app. The website as well but the app needs most of the attention right now.