Sticky Solved

Where do I find the artists I'm following when using the iPhone app?

Show first post

97 replies

Lol I thought I was somehow stupid, but apparently this feature really is missing. How do I find the artist I recently followed but could not remember the name? Ridiculous...
This is so silly.

Soundcloud is used to follow and keep up with new and up and coming artists.
Whats the point of it if i cant see who im following?

The "feed" of soundcloud is poorly curated.. -- by an algorithm /almost/ as crappy as soundloud's search algorithm (which makes something as archaic as DogPile search seem amazing)

I switched to apple music because of this feature being missing. there is no plan by soundcloud to update it as it has been 2 years.
the sonos app and android one have it. I suspect it wont come back because of some Apple policy.
So i get notifications that i have new followers but then i cant see them. After years of users requesting this feature, how is it still not available?
Gina wrote:

Mike Munnelly wrote:

Are their plans for bringing this feature back in the near future (next 3 months)? I used to use that feature every time I was in the app and it's a drag that it's not available now.

Hi Mike,

Most likely will not happen soon. There are other features that are higher requested that we're working on getting out first (like playlist creation for example). Thanks thought for letting me know you're missing the feature. All this type of feedback helps us gauge general user feedback.

Best,
Gina

Any plans on finally, finally bringing that simple feature back? One button, one list. Really, instead of two widgets with almost the same functionality ("recent" and "histoty") I'd rather have a list with artists I follow.
okay its been years how do u not have a button to show who you follow yet?!?!?!?!
Userlevel 1
A Possible Work Around Solution ---- Start a playlist for your most liked artists.
If not able on your phone. Log into Soundcloud on a computer. It is very simple.
The computer gives the ability to rearrange the order of songs.
Only 3 clicks to begin customizing the play order of songs. Look to the Right of "SHARE" button .....
1.) Press the "MORE" button ... 2.)Press "Edit" button.... Playlist opens and the 3.) PRESS "Tracks:"
🆒
gcc_mtl wrote:

OMG ! Get it together! What half thought out decision is this?
Im moving my music app preferences from soundcloud to spotify as we speak, rating you 1 star on the app store and also mentioning to everyone i know. If you wont listen to our posts, you will listen to pressure.
Either be competitive on the market or get out

Word.
Where do I find the artists I'm following when using the Android app?
Low priority feature? Then what's the purpose of following anybody when it's not available on your app? Disappointing....
Hm, topic has a badge saying "SOLVED". Enlighten me please, how exactly is the solution?
I thought following people and accessing them was the whole point??? What are the steps I do now to find my music on my phone? I can't get to any of music at a party and I'm really frustrated by this? Is there another app/service that works better like Soundcloud did previously? The phone interface is terrible.
I also cant view any Profile Descriptions on mobile. Very frustrating (unless there's something I'm doing wrong?)
Gina wrote:

Hi,

Sorry for delay in answering, this is not a feature on iPhone at this time.

-Gina

This is from 2 years ago... this is still not a feature on my SoundCloud and it is really a huge drag bc I always used that. Did this still not get added after 2 years?
I am stunned that this feature, which is one of the key features myself and my friends use is considered less important than other features like making playlists on a mobile device.

Being able to go straight to the artists Im following is a major part of how I use soundcloud
and I would like to see this feature added to both Android and iPhone apps.

Seriously!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there everyone,

I just came across this topic and wanted to make sure this is properly updated: You can now access your list of followers and followings from within the iOS mobile app. In the app, just head over to your profile via the ... and from there, hit the info button in the upper right hand corner. 🙂

Cheers
Mathis
Brian Wyszynski wrote:

I am stunned that this feature, which is one of the key features myself and my friends use is considered less important than other features like making playlists on a mobile device.

Being able to go straight to the artists Im following is a major part of how I use soundcloud
and I would like to see this feature added to both Android and iPhone apps.

Seriously!!

Mathis wrote:

Hi there everyone,

I just came across this topic and wanted to make sure this is properly updated: You can now access your list of followers and followings from within the iOS mobile app. In the app, just head over to your profile via the ... and from there, hit the info button in the upper right hand corner. 🙂

Cheers
Mathis

Agree with Bryan W... it is way too hard to get to your following list. It's a 5 step/click process... it should be available right from the "Collection" page, underneath Liked Tracks or somewhere on that page easily accessible. This would be 2 clicks. Please update
I found this finally...its under my profile. But the Profile button wasnt working correctly until I uninstalled and re-installed the app.
https://soundcloud.com/foreigncurrency/elevators-ft-dq-x-killah-kyle

Gang
I stopped using soundcloud a few years ago because it is nearly impossible to use on an iphone. There are a lot of artist I like and follow, and having the artist you follow hidden somewhere behind this apps magic curtain is a bit crazy. Functionality should be a priority, and this app is still not functional in my opinion. I will still use this app, and certainly get upset everytime, only because some artist I like are only on soundcloud, but please use a little bit of common sense and let us see the artist/people we follow.
Please sort this out. What’s the point of this app if i cant browse the artists i follow?
Three year... This topic has three years that are being ignored!

This don't make any sense. Why!? Why would someone use an app, a database of songs, that suggest to us new artists based on our previous likes and the app doesn't give in its interface a list of our likes, a reminder of what we heard before, suggested by the app, and that we enjoyed!?

What is the reason to do so!? What is the reason to suggest artists if the app wouldn't remind us of the now known artists that we like!?

Nonsense.
Unreasonable.
Absurd.

As someone in the comments said, three years ago, "it seems such a basic feature that it shouldn't be a "feature". It should be inherent.", and "But frankly, by taking away access to the podcasts I am following, you render using the soundcloud app nearly pointless. Very aggravating.". Very aggravating indeed.
Thanks god I found this solution. Now I can actually start to use Soundcloud 😃.

But seriously, hidden in the profile info button? Is your product manager sick since 3 years?

That was (is) actually the main reason why I did not use the SoundCloud at all - I mainly listen to music on my mobile. I found a good artist on Soundcloud and followed it, because I wanted to listen to that artist on the road. Then on the App I couldn't find it and thought Soundcloud is complete shit. This happened for the last like 5-8 artists I followed in the last, let's say, 3 or 4 years, but then I obviously stopped using SC until I forgot my frustration.
Now I found another artist, but was very disappointed that he had most of his music on Soundcloud. Well, Google then brought me here.
Well, the solution is available, so I can actually use Soundcloud 🙂

Why the hell do you decide to prioritise Radios and Playlists over the simple button "Artists I follow" (you could even expand it to e.g. Radio based on the artists I follow, or Radio based on this Artist I follow, automated playlists from all artists with the same genre etc. There is so much you could actually do with the information your user are giving you. You just ignore this all?)

Soundcloud is here that artists can promote their music and have an easy channel to promote themselves, right? (or do you actually try to copy Spotify??)

So why on earth don't you implement this feature asap very prominently?

I don't care about playlists and radios. I want to listen to artists I follow and be notified when they upload a new mix or song!

Your product manager needs to be replaced, her/he is anyway on sick leave for way too long!

:edit: now I'm scrolling up and see that all the previous replys go into the same direction. This is incredible.