Add the "disable reposts" button on stream!

Userlevel 2
This is long overdue Soundcloud.

I cant count the amount of people i've spoken to about this missing function on such a big site as Soundcloud, they are too many. I follow 289 artists on soundcloud and they all repost so much bs i dont want to see.. I followed them for THEIR music. I follow everyone I want to hear music from. If i wanted to hear anyone else, i'd search myself. I used to have a passion for finding new music and would spend hours on soundcloud and others sites to look for new music. Now I havent had the patience for years. I barely use soundcloud anymore.

I hear Soundcloud is struggling financially. Almost going bankrupt. I'm actually sad.
If Soundcloud is to be saved, it needs to be rebranded. New colors and most importantly: the f****** "Disable reposts" button on the stream/home page. Do this and you will satisfy the millions of users u have and in fact, alot of them would probably donate to you, includng me.

SOUNDCLOUD YOU ARE BLIND IF YOU DO NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH GOOD THIS WILL DO TO YOUR SITE, AND YOU ARE BLIND IF YOU THINK SOUNDCLOUD WILL SURVIVE MUCH LONGER AS IT STANDS NOW.

I know alot of people will say: "oh but this is how soundcloud is different and it is working quite well. The reposts give more attention to up and coming people. It helps people find music blahblah. Soundcloud will never go bankrupt."

I tell you. If soundcloud just made that single button and advertised for it, perhaps with a rebranded logo and colors, representing a fresh start, it would be THE main site for all aspects of music again.

Lastly, if they implemented this, I am 100% sure nobody would give a fuck about advertisement. Be it through audio or pictures on site. Unless its all the time, like after listening to a single song. Then it would be terrible. But say after 4-5 songs. Not a problem. Bc people are now happy with Soundcloud finally being what they wanted it to be and what i believe it was before.

It's actually stupid simple. Get it done idiots.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey FK Project,

I would like to suggest to you to review our Community Guidelines in regards to tone & respectfully addressing other members here on the Community.

Thank you for your feedback, I agree to what you say about the ability to filter the Stream.

I'll be sure to pass this along to the relevant product team.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 2
Thank you Mathis.

Im Sorry for My tone and language, but i'm very passionate about music and i love this platform. I would hate to See It go And It would be very sad for such a Great platform. So Im just trying to give you the simple key to make this platform no. 1 again.

But i know this has Been said to you millions of times (regarding the disable repost button), so i feel i need to use a harsh tone, as a customer, to wake u up And realise Whats wrong With the page.

Thats all. I really hope you make this simple change. I know It would make millions love SoundCloud again.

Best regards
Userlevel 2
This. And you should be able to enable reposts for select users
Userlevel 2
Badge
We agree as well. SoundCloud has a LOT of features it needs to add, so I don't think its staff should be surprised when its users are a little rude about it.
Userlevel 2
Badge
There also needs to be an ability to tag user profiles as what kind of profile it is e.g. Music Artist, Band, DJ, Label, Blog, Collective, Mastering Engineer, Mixing Engineer, etc.
Userlevel 1
Being able to disable all re-posts would be beautiful.

Being able to then select certain users to enable re-posters for would be even better.

Hopefully SoundCloud can add those two features without much hassle? 🙂
Userlevel 5
The repost is why people have grown frustrated. It is so counter-intuitive to follow a person because you like their catalog of music and then be forced to sift through that person'e musical tastes?! It is baffling how many times this has been mentioned/requested. Instead you got rid of groups.. literally the only feature that made sense out of the cluttered and random feed experience!!!???
Userlevel 2
Badge
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/repost-toggle-for-soundcl/amimeafgcnfidkeknebnfdblmmekifem?hl=en

HERE IS A SOLUTION! 😃 There is a Google Chrome extension that makes a button appear in your SoundCloud stream that allows you to Disable/Enable reposts!

Enjoy.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/repost-toggle-for-soundcl/amimeafgcnfidkeknebnfdblmmekifem?hl=en

HERE IS A SOLUTION! 😃 There is a Google Chrome extension that makes a button appear in your SoundCloud stream that allows you to Disable/Enable reposts!

Enjoy.

This solution is not enough, it sometime takes time to display the stream without reposts and is sometime buggy.

We really need a solution developped by Soundcloud. I really like the idea to disable all repost except for some users.

It's been 2 years I don't go on my stream anymore because there's too much junk being reposted, and I miss a lot of tracks posted by my favorite artistes. It shouldn't be like this.
Userlevel 1

Enjoy.

This addon is literally unusable. It does not work for me. Can't see any toggle appear even, let alone see it function. This feature has to be implemented by SoundCloud product team instead.