Canceled my Pro Plan over Bad Related Tracks

• 13 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I just wanted to post that I just canceled my Pro plan over the related tracks not being anything related to my type of music. I have tried to resolve this issue for nearly a year now with no luck and no response to my messages to Soundcloud. I write folk and faith based music and the related tracks that follow are either hiphop, gansta rap, or otherwise unrelated. The related tracks are not anything I or my listeners would ever choose to listen to. I quit sharing my music on Soundcloud because of the embarrassment of what follows my tracks. Apparently Soundcloud's algorithm is flawed or easily manipulated by others and customer service is non existent. BYE SOUNDCLOUD for having the worse customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
I know how you feel! I don't believe many people click on the related tracks at all because 1) they usually play it from either Stream, a profile, or any other page that isn't the actual track page. If you're looking for good music, then:

1) like a lot of music that isn't Hip Hop/Rap but is your style
2) go to Home and choose Discover, and it will show you tracks based on your likes. Their system for Discover isn't very good, but it's better than Related Tracks.

I don't think a Pro plan helps with related tracks, but related tracks do sometimes come from your likes.
Userlevel 1
Thank you StereoField for your reply. I share my tracks on social media. The related tracks are played automatically and instantly after someone plays one of my songs. They don't have to select related tracks and are given no choice but to listen or disconnect. There is no chance for the listener to hear more of my songs or songs that are similar. Instead of Soundcloud getting more listeners, they are losing listeners both for me and others. I subscribed to the Pro plan hoping to be able to resolve this, but no reply and no changes from Soundcloud after 14 months. Obviously, this is not going away. I see other accounts and the related tracks are similar to what is being played. Mine are not even close. I have liked songs from many other artist with similar music, but their music is never shown in my related tracks. I have never liked or listened to those that are in my related tracks. I have had the same related tracks for months now without changes. I am frustrated with not being able to change this. I don't know whether I have been hacked, whether the system has been manipulated by someone to get their tracks played, or if Soundcloud algorithm is that bad. At this point, I will take my 60+ original songs somewhere else. If you want to see what I am talking about try this link to one of my songs and then look at the related tracks. It is the same for any song I link. https://soundcloud.com/ghkysm/after-the-show
Userlevel 1
Ah, I know what you mean. Unfortunately, I can't help you with this, because the problem is with Soundcloud.

P.S. If you want to release tracks, I recommend Bandcamp (https://bandcamp.com)
You can release tracks for free or for money, and you can let fans pay more if they want to. It's pretty nice for artists.
Userlevel 1
Thanks, I have started trying to put something together on CDBaby, but I will take a look at Bandcamp . I have about a dozen new songs to put somewhere this spring. Thanks for your response to my post. Maybe this will be resolved in the future. I like Soundcloud other than this one issue. Take care.
Misleading advertisement! In the ad he says he reimburses the money on time. And that did not happen. I did not use it for 1 hour, I saw that it did not help at all and I canceled it.
I want my money again!

I'm on the third day waiting for my money.
I just wanted to post that I just canceled my Pro plan over the related tracks not being anything related to my type of music. I have tried to resolve this issue for nearly a year now with no luck and no response to my messages to Soundcloud. I write folk and faith based music and the related tracks that follow are either hiphop, gansta rap, or otherwise unrelated. The related tracks are not anything I or my listeners would ever choose to listen to. I quit sharing my music on Soundcloud because of the embarrassment of what follows my tracks. Apparently Soundcloud's algorithm is flawed or easily manipulated by others and customer service is non existent. BYE SOUNDCLOUD for having the worse customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

pablotribeiro@hotmail.com