Answered

Genres, Jazz and Blues

• 25 August 2017
  • 4 replies

I just joined Soundcloud. And I'm a huge Blues fan and when you search in charts > genres, there is only "Jazz & Blues". Any chance Soundcloud would separate them out since they are two different genres.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 12 September 2017, 16:00

Hi there,

Thank you for your input, it's most appreciated. I will forward your feedback to the relevant product team, however am not sure how soon this can be addressed and how the team decides.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

4 replies

As a Jazz fan, I feel the same way. Furthermore, I find a lot of music gets labeled "Jazz & Blues" that, to my ears, sounds nothing like either. Of course "Jazz" is such a broad umbrella that it's almost worthless on its own. A greater breakdown by sub-genres would be welcome.
As a Jazz fan, I feel the same way. Furthermore, I find a lot of music gets labeled "Jazz & Blues" that, to my ears, sounds nothing like either. Of course "Jazz" is such a broad umbrella that it's almost worthless on its own. A greater breakdown by sub-genres would be welcome.

Agreed. Of course even with Blues there is so many different kinds, ie, Chicago Blues, Delta Blues, Texas Blues, Memphis Blues, West Coast Blues, Slow Blues, Instrumental Blues, Vocal Blues, Desert Blues, Happy/Fast Blues, Acoustic Blues, Gospel Blues, Jump Blues, Swing Blues, Trance Blues, etc, ad nauseum.

And as @IJB you said there are just as many if not more different types of Jazz.

But, at least if they could separate it out as Blues separate from Jazz it would be very helpful 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thank you for your input, it's most appreciated. I will forward your feedback to the relevant product team, however am not sure how soon this can be addressed and how the team decides.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

Thank you Mathis.
I am sure many Jazz and, (separately 😉, Blues fans would appreciate this! :8