"Hide from Stream" option is needed.

I love SoundCloud very much.
It is my preferred music streaming platform as both a listener and a creator, because of the community atmosphere and accessibility for emerging independent artists.

One thing that keeps crossing my mind as a listener is that it would be great to have the option to "hide" tracks from my stream.

Think of Facebook's News Feed. When I'm browsing my News Feed, if I see a post I don't like, I can simply "hide" the post so it doesn't show on my News Feed anymore. I don't have to unfollow or unfriend the person who posted it, I can just hide that one post.

On my SoundCloud stream, I follow of a lot of artists, some of whom are friends of mine.
Sometimes an artist I follow might post or re-post a tracK I don't really care for.
But if I don't want to see that track on my stream, the only way to make it go away is to unfollow the artist. Then I won't see anything that artist posts anymore.

I'm not a programmer, but it seems like it should be simple to add the option for users to remove a tracks from their stream, essentially curating their own stream.

Does this make sense to anyone else???

0 replies

Be the first to reply!