Answered

Searching for tags

• 4 October 2017
  • 1 reply

I like to search for music, and for example, I'll search Orchestral. This gives me only the most popular songs, or maybe most popular for this week. I'll then try to use a tag to filter my results. I decide to use the tag GarageBand to find music made with the software I like. But I'm only given a list, which most of the time doesn't show the tags I want. All I'm suggesting is a search bar for the tags. It would make finding the music I want a lot easier.
icon

Best answer by AdvancedThreat 11 October 2017, 16:33

What I try to do whenever searching for tags is to use Google to search ONLY this site. Example:

"#tag_1" +"#tag_2" site:soundcloud.com

Take note of the parenthesis' and plus sign, and the "site:" tag. This will search SPECIFICALLY for tags1 AND tags2 ONLY on Soundcloud. You can also try the search here using parenthesis but be advised, popular sites will always come through in any search so try carving out specifics. For example:

"orchestral" +"violins" site:soundcloud.com

The more granular you get, the easier it becomes to sift through false positive searches
View original

1 reply

What I try to do whenever searching for tags is to use Google to search ONLY this site. Example:

"#tag_1" +"#tag_2" site:soundcloud.com

Take note of the parenthesis' and plus sign, and the "site:" tag. This will search SPECIFICALLY for tags1 AND tags2 ONLY on Soundcloud. You can also try the search here using parenthesis but be advised, popular sites will always come through in any search so try carving out specifics. For example:

"orchestral" +"violins" site:soundcloud.com

The more granular you get, the easier it becomes to sift through false positive searches