Question

About 50 of my tracks have been deleted from my playlist but not deleted on soundcloud.

I have looked all through the soundcloud's help centre and also the help community, but they all speak about the songs being deleted from soundlcoud due to copyright issues, yet the songs still exist on soundcloud so thats not it. This has happened before but fixed itself almost instantly, but this time it seems permanent. Has anyone else had this before or have a fix to the problem, or both? Thanks.

10 replies

I have this same issue, only on a much larger scale. I had a playlist with (if i remember correctly) over 300 songs. A few days ago, my playlist was fine, but I wake up this morning to find my 300+ playlist that has songs that I have been accumulating over 2 years on soundcloud, has been reduced to 29 songs. Absolutely no reason for this to happen. They weren't copyright claimed because most of the songs were from official soundcloud users such as Monstercat. They couldn't have just been deleted because I've seen a few of those songs still on soundcloud just not in my playlist anymore. And what's even more infuriatingly frustrating is that some of these same songs that are missing from THIS massive playlist, are still in OTHER playlists I have made that are like "best of" or "favorites". There's nothing I can think of that can be the cause other than a massively unfortunate glitch and the only hope I can have of getting back all those songs into my playlist without spending hours and hours going back to find the songs and re-add them is that this issue just magically fixes itself as is the history with soundcloud. If this doesn't happen though, RIP my oldest and most popular playlist.
Bump, same issue. Absolutely infuriating when you lose a song that meant so much to you but forgot the name. If this issue continues, I will be forced to move to Spotify.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear this. Did this happen on a specific platform (iOS, Android, or in a web browser?). Unfortunately, there is not an option for the playlists to be reset / rebuilt to a specific state, but our engineers are constantly looking into improving stability, so if you noticed this happened after something in particular that you did on SoundCloud, or on your phone, please share this type of info as well.
Having the same issue. Android/wimdows
It happened to me when i added a new track via my ios (new phone)....it sort of replaced the 64 tracks or something!!! before i was on android and this never happened! You could edit a playlist and it would sync normally!
Same issue with me. Lost like 50 songs the other day
Same issue here. Keeps happening over and over as well. Almost all of my playlist have suffered like this. Only one keeps being fine, oddly enough. Not complaining here I like how it remains standing when all the other ones get f’d until they’re nothing but empty hulls but the others... My oldest, best, and largest playlist I spent hours on every day for years just up and disappeared one morning and got replaced with the few songs I had added recently. Very recently. Thenpictures disappear as well after a while. But the songs are still available on SoundCloud and haven’t been deleted. They’re just anywhere to be found in my library. Just random new stuff. It breaks my heart again and again. Just be yesterday I went to look for a song only to realize it wasn’t just that song suffering. Yippie yei. So much music... so much incredibly good music... so emotional, so heartfelt.. gone.. Never to be witnessed by my ears and brain again. I have insomnia.. I’m up for days on end quite frequently.. That equates to a shitton of reading, music and tv
Is anyone at SoundCloud addressing this? Exact same thing just happened to me, years making a playlist of songs, new ios phone, added a couple songs, now that is all thats in the playlist that used to have over 200 of my favorite songs.

I these don't come back and Soundcloud doesn't address, I'll be canceling my SoundCloud Go+ subscription and moving to spotify.....

This sucks...
Hi there,

Sorry to hear this. Did this happen on a specific platform (iOS, Android, or in a web browser?). Unfortunately, there is not an option for the playlists to be reset / rebuilt to a specific state, but our engineers are constantly looking into improving stability, so if you noticed this happened after something in particular that you did on SoundCloud, or on your phone, please share this type of info as well.

Is there still no option for playlists to be restored? Soundcloud glitch just cause 200+ songs and years of effort to be deleted... whats the point of using the app and paying a premium for it if it can all just dissapear with no recourse? Same thing as others happened, started using a new iphone, added a couple songs to the playlist, now the only songs in the playlist are the recent ones.

Cancelling my Soundcloud Go+ subscription if this doesn't get resolved quickly
It's been a month since someone last posted on this thread and it still looks like this issue hasn't been resolved because this happened to me last night when i was switching phones from Oppo to Samsung. When is was logging into my soundcloud on my new phone, all the songs that i have collected over the course of 4 years were gone and knowing that this issue had been reported occurring m for a year now, i'm really disappointed in soundcloud and their so called "engineers". It sucks cuz some of those songs associate to a memory of mine. Ouh well, looks like spotify it is for now until they fix their shit 😕