Question

Blocking tracks from stream?

• 15 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
There are people around the globe that I follow on Soundcloud whom I don't want to stop following but I am getting rather tired of skipping the same songs over and over. On average I am skipping individual tracks that have been reposted 3 times a day and up to 6. Is there a way to block individual songs or artists from ones stream?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, if a track gets reposted, you should only see the most recent repost, not the original post or other reposts - is this not the case for you?
Userlevel 1
Hi there,

Hmm, if a track gets reposted, you should only see the most recent repost, not the original post or other reposts - is this not the case for you?

Sometimes, but that may be remixes and/or playlists. I'm often doing other things but I'll try and keep an eye on it to confirm. I must clarify my original problem; I didn't like the track yesterday, I won't like it tomorrow and I don't want to listen to it today either... why do I have to skip it every day?
Can I vote this up? I play through my stream at least once a day. There are 2-3 tracks I don't want to listen to (but I don't want to remove the entire user's songs). Why would this not be a feature already? Liking an artist doesn't mean you're in love with every single song they produce.
Userlevel 1
And now...
It's worse.
So, if my subscriptions don't post a whole lot within the span of a few days yet one of them posts the same song every day it will be in my stream multiple times. One song was in my stream 6 times yesterday! Though, it was the same track published by multiple accounts, two as playlists.