Question

Can+I+rearrange+my+playlists?

Userlevel 1
I want my playlists to play in a different order than they are now; I see no way to do that.

25 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
browse to any of your playlists and hover your mouse over the playlist track number. your mouse should change from a pointer to the move cross arrows. you can click and drag to re-order the tracks. same thing is possible if you click the edit button on the playlist.
Userlevel 1
browse to any of your playlists and hover your mouse over the playlist track number. your mouse should change from a pointer to the move cross arrows. you can click and drag to re-order the tracks. same thing is possible if you click the edit button on the playlist.
Thanks. I wasn't clear. I don't want to rearrange the tracks, I want to rearrange the playlists--so that when people come to my page and click playlists they appear in the order I want, to be played consecutively, not in the order they are now.
Userlevel 5
Badge
this is not currently possible... i have mentioned this as a bug and/or feature request on the forums before i think too.
Userlevel 1
Good to know. Thanks for your responsive and instant help!
Userlevel 5
Badge
sure no problem =]

i too would also like the ability change the list ordering. in all areas where the playlists display on the site. i have tons of playlists... ~240 or so. if i want to add a track to the first playlist i created via the add to playlist button, i have to scroll and load all of them in the popup until i get to the bottom. this is incredibly inefficient. i would also like the ability to order them on the right sidebar of the profile page.
Userlevel 5
Hello guys,
Just wanted to mention, that with a 'paid' account you can spotlight up to five playlists ( or tracks) at the top of your profile page and thus arrange in which order they play.
Not sure if that helps, but just wanted to mention it, since it's a way fo dealing with it.
Greetings.
IK
Userlevel 1
I too would love to be able to re-arrange the order of the playlists. That would be a big win.
Yes, being able to rearranging my playlist songs would be great!!!
Hey, I'm trying to reorder tracks in my playlist as described above and there doesn't seem to be the grab bar to drag tracks into a different sequence. Did this break recently? I tried in both Chrome (Mac OS X Yosemite) and Safari. Please let me know, thanks.
I also want this feature, would be great
I've tried this, it's only the finger, no arrow comes to the PLAYLIST so I cannot change their order. I also cannot see any 'Edit Sounds' button.
rearrange you sets? this is not working at all!
I've been trying to rearrange the order unsuccessfully too 😞
does this feature only work if you are a paying member?
http://uploadandmanage.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2166979-rearranging-tracks-in-a-...
Me too! It sucks that you can't and this remedy did nothing.
Userlevel 1
Yeah lets get on this soundcloud! It's been 1 year since this was suggested and nothing so far? I know y'all are working on a lot of stuff but this would make a lot of people VERY happy!
I would like to be able to do this too! I don't see why only paid accounts can re-order their playlists, surely all types of accounts should be able to display their playlists in the order they want them to appear.
The only way for the rest of us to do this would be to delete all our tunes and start again.
It's ridiculous because you'd expect the latest created playlist to go to the top, but it doesn't, it goes to the bottom!
Please sort this out Soundcloud?
Userlevel 1
I would like to do this too. Why can't I simply press one button to sort the tracks in a playlist alphabetically, by upload date, duration, etc.? It's not a complicated feature to offer, I think.
Userlevel 2
I would also like this feature.
Userlevel 1
We would also like this added. Or even a sort alphabetically would be something. There seems to be no option to rearrange our playlists.
https://soundcloud.com/futuremusicfm/sets

Massive oversight from SoundCloud we feel.
+1 rearrange the playlist page
I actually think that found a work around to this problem. I have edited my playlist with some more tags and also changed the name to `01 - something` and it is now displayed as my first playlist.

Thought it might be useful for people whom are desperately looking for a way to just do a workaround!
Come on Soundcloud. I pay you $120 a year. Please allow me to rearrange the order of my playlists. It's absurd that this wasn't a feature to begin with. At least add an alphabetical and/or date rearrangement option. Being able to move one track at a time is also pretty amateur hour. This shouldn't be that difficult, and this is the only music service I use that doesn't;'t allow for me to customize the order of my content. This thread is two years old, and it hasn't even been acknowledged. Please work on this.
Bump! This is a little ridiculous! This is basic functionality for any music player. Can you please provide us a response and estimated timeline?