Question

Can I turn OFF the Auto-Play function on my page?

• 3 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi. I don't want the tracks to constantly play, without me hitting play. On my page, when I play a track, when it's done, another track starts playing. I don't want to hear a track unless I start it. Do I have some "AUTO-PLAY" feature turned on that I can turn off, or is there some other preference I can change to make that stop?

Thanks!

~ Junglebook

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Junglebook,

It is currently not possible to disable continuous play, sorry.
What about reversing it, so it goes from older to newer tracks? It makes more sense (for podcast series at least) playing them in the order they were posted anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would prefer that.

[Sorry if I'm supposed to make a new topic for this, seems related enough to piggyback].
Hi. I don't want the tracks to constantly play, without me hitting play. On my page, when I play a track, when it's done, another track starts playing. I don't want to hear a track unless I start it. Do I have some "AUTO-PLAY" feature turned on that I can turn off, or is there some other preference I can change to make that stop?

Thanks!

~ Junglebook

I see Mathis is trotting out the same old response to the same old question. He must groan when he sees that subject line.

Consistency is a great virtue - when it isn't being used to disguise a flagrant disregard for the wishes of a portion of the SoundCloud community.

Heigh-ho; I've submitted my own whine officially, in advance of downloading my tracks and moving the show to YouTube. At least there I've only the ads to contend with (no problem) - and I can design pretty pictures or video to accompany the track/s instead of forcing my listeners to endure stuff they didn't ask for and don't appreciate.

It's a major shift in concept, but I've reluctantly decided that wherever SoundCloud is headed, I don't want to come along for the ride...
I find it unbelievable that with all the technology involved with creating and maintaining a website, and with so many like-minded users not wishing to hear/play anything but one specific track, SoundCloud can’t make it possible to “disable continuous play”. To fob faithful users off with the excuse, “it is currently not possible to disable continuous play, sorry,” rather than just MAKING IT POSSIBLE is almost worse than a slap in the face. Pathetic. I was considering “going pro” but until they resolve this simple issue SoundCloud won’t be getting a penny out of me.
Another thread. Zup sc?