Question

Can't access my playlists on Sonos

Hi. So, recently I've been unable to access my SoundCloud playlists (ones i've created) on Sonos. I have spoken with Sonos customer support and said reaching out to SoundCloud would be the best way forward.

Basically when I try to access my playlists on Sonos it just says "unable to browse". I created another SoundCloud account and created playlists. I am able to access playlists I created on this new "test" account, and Sonos customer service even had me sign into their troubleshooting SoundCloud account and I was able to access playlists through that account too...I just can't access MY playlists on my "alx638" account!

Funny thing is that I am able to see my playlists if I am "following" alx638 (my username) through the test account by simply going to the playlists under that user. So I can't imagine the amount of playlists (I have like 40) to be the issue.

Sonos customer service suggested there may be something weird going on with my account specifically that is jamming up my ability to access playlists through Sonos...because, again, I am able to access playlists using test accounts, just not alx638 for some odd reason.

Any insight? I'd really like to get access back to these playlists I've made over the past few years...at least without having to use the cumbersome work around using the "test" account.

Thank you!

10 replies

* crickets *
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I see you have a good few playlists on your account, however this shouldn't necessarily be a root cause of the issue. I will have to forward your issue to our engineers and am hoping that we can get to the bottom of this soon.

Can you send over a screenshot of how "not being able to access your playlists" looks like? That'll help us investigate this issue from here further.

Also, can you access all of your playlists properly when going through a computer web browser, or your mobile phone?

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there,

I see you have a good few playlists on your account, however this shouldn't necessarily be a root cause of the issue. I will have to forward your issue to our engineers and am hoping that we can get to the bottom of this soon.

Can you send over a screenshot of how "not being able to access your playlists" looks like? That'll help us investigate this issue from here further.

Also, can you access all of your playlists properly when going through a computer web browser, or your mobile phone?

Cheers
Mathis

Thank you for the response, Mathis. I've attached a screenshot of what I get when I try to access my playlists on Sonos. And yes, I can access my playlists using my web browser as well as the SoundCloud app (if that's what you're asking). I just can't access them on Sonos PC app or mobile app (Android).

Hi. Any update?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Haven't heard back from our engineers, no. Have you tried logging out of your profile on Sonos, creating a new public playlist and adding one random track, say this one for the purpose of testing (this one is currently not on our SoundCloud Go program), and see if this playlist now appears?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & all the best
Mathis
Hi Mathis,

Thanks for the reply. Just tried this - still get the same error...please let me know when you hear something back from the engineers.

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mathis,

Thanks for the reply. Just tried this - still get the same error...please let me know when you hear something back from the engineers.

Thank you

Hi there alx638,

Thanks for following up. Hmm, super strange! Is the playlist that you created for the purpose of testing still on your account though? If so, what is the URL? Would you mind if we created one if necessary during investigation?
Hi Mathis,

Thank you

Hi Mathis, sorry for the late reply - I've been away the last week. The playlist I created was deleted because it wasn't working - but I just created it again (still not working). Here's the URL: https://soundcloud.com/alx638/sets/testing-only

It's fine if you need to create a playlist on my account for investigation purposes. Let me know if you hear anything.

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there alx638,

Unfortunately, I haven't got a big update about this particular case for you, rather a quick note that I've forwarded your case to our our engineers and they continue to look into issues with the Sonos integration. If you continue to run into problems, please do let us know.
Hey Mathis,

Just an FYI, everything seems to be working fine now! I think whatever update was done to get soundcloud go to work with sonos must have fixed the glitch haha.

Thanks for looking into it though!