Answered

Cannot reorder tracks in private playlist

• 27 January 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Yes, I already know about this, this is how it always worked:

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2166979

Until today that is, when I cannot do the drag and drop to reorder the tracks.

We publish a monthly playlist of the most recently discovered tracks we liked most. We like to have the track with the least plays first, going in ascending order to the track with most plays at the time of publishing last.

We believe it helps the artists gain a bit more exposure for their work. We always email the artists when it has been published to make sure they are OK with this. So far every single reply we've had, probably well over 100, has been (very!) positive.

So why is the reordering not working today? Is it a bug, a policy change, something else?

We want to publish this playlist on February 1st with the tracks ordered as described above. We order them that way because earlier tracks in a playlist are more likely to be played than tracks that come later, and we tend to feel that the tracks with the fewest plays need the most chance of being heard.

Weird. :-|
icon

Best answer by Wud Records 27 January 2017, 22:12

Well, how even weirder. It now works fine, so I guess whatever was up has been sorted already. Great! 🙂
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Well, how even weirder. It now works fine, so I guess whatever was up has been sorted already. Great! 🙂