Question

Cant add songs to existing playlist

Hi there, I'm new to Soundcloud so there's a bit I have to get used to.

A problem I found was that if I create a new playlist and refresh the page, When I click "add to playlist" it would ask me to create a new playlist again. The only way I can get past this problem is to create a new playlist and then my existing playlist will show up again.

I'm really enjoying Soundcloud but this problem is so annoying!

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Marcus,

Welcome to SoundCloud and to our help forum. Hmm, let's see - any chance you could try that in an alternate web browser to isolate the root cause for this further?

If you have an existing playlist, you should basically see two tabs - "Add to playlist" with your list of playlists, and "Create new".

Are you not seeing this? If the issue persists, please feel free to also send over a screenshot of what you're seeing to make sure we're on the same page about this.

Cheers :-)
Mathis
I have the same problem. There's screenshots:
http://snag.gy/Luctt.jpg
http://snag.gy/0nBsO.jpg

thanks in advance.
i cannot add a track/song from my collections to a playlist.
The 1st track/song from collections allows me to add a playlist NAME,
2nd track/song asks me to create another playlist????
I have the same problem. There's screenshots:
http://snag.gy/Luctt.jpg
http://snag.gy/0nBsO.jpg

thanks in advance.

The problem was fixed itself.
Thx.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
i cannot add a track/song from my collections to a playlist.
The 1st track/song from collections allows me to add a playlist NAME,
2nd track/song asks me to create another playlist????

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Hmm, is this issue persistent? What have you done in terms of troubleshooting? It looks like you've now deleted all of your playlists though.

Feel free to let us know if this issue persists and you want to follow up.

Cheers
Mathis
I have the same problem. There are no tabs anywhere at all. Can you possibly screenshot where the tabs are meant to be, and on which page? I can only add a single song to a playlist and then when I go to add a track, it insists I set up a new playlist. (I am on a pc running explorer)
I have the same problem. There are no tabs anywhere at all. Can you possibly screenshot where the tabs are meant to be, and on which page? I can only add a single song to a playlist and then when I go to add a track, it insists I set up a new playlist. (I am on a pc running explorer)
ooh ahhhh it magically appears in Firefox!!! You guys are having a windows explorer problem ...
Here is a screencap of the issue w/ chrome version number. Looks like a rendering issue on certain browsers:

http://i.imgur.com/AgpqAlx.gif
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Here is a screencap of the issue w/ chrome version number. Looks like a rendering issue on certain browsers:

http://i.imgur.com/AgpqAlx.gif

Hi the xander,

Thanks for providing the screencap, super helpful! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue from over here. Are you experiencing a similar behavior when you're using the most recent stable build rather then the beta version? Also, are you running any extensions in your Chrome browser? (can you try doing this again in a new incognito window with extensions disabled to see if this helps)

Either way, I'll make sure to pass on your report to our developers to look into this in further detail.

Cheers
Mathis
Not sure I'm having the same issue but the most recent update to the playlist editor has taken away the ability to upload new songs directly into an existing playlist. Now if I want to add a brand new song that hasn't been uploaded previously I have to upload it first on its own and THEN go click the "add to playlist" button. This is a HUGE waste of time...I'm constantly updating existing private playlists for clients so this takes a lot of extra time. I dont want to create a new playlist every time I upload a song...I prefer to edit existing playlists with new material. Please show me how to fix this or add this feature back!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Not sure I'm having the same issue but the most recent update to the playlist editor has taken away the ability to upload new songs directly into an existing playlist. Now if I want to add a brand new song that hasn't been uploaded previously I have to upload it first on its own and THEN go click the "add to playlist" button. This is a HUGE waste of time...I'm constantly updating existing private playlists for clients so this takes a lot of extra time. I dont want to create a new playlist every time I upload a song...I prefer to edit existing playlists with new material. Please show me how to fix this or add this feature back!
Hi Super Duper,

It is not the same issue, however you're right - with the recent changes to how playlist editing works, adding tracks in the way you were used to is no longer available. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant product team, no doubt.

If you have a multitude of tracks you're planning to upload and then add to an existing playlist, I recommend using the track manager to do so.

All the best
Mathis
Userlevel 1
I have the same issue, I am forced to create a new playlist everytime i try to "add to playlist", there is no "Tab"

Occurs on Firefox (latest), Chrome (latest) and IE11(11.0.9600.18015)
Both Win7 and Win8.
I disabled all extention, did not fix.
Cleared cache+cookies, did not fix.
Tried adding any of my songs, to no avail.
Tried adding other people's songs, to no avail again.
I am logged though facebook.
I do not use the mobile app (for a couple of months now).
Tried to add both from the profile page and from the track's own page, did not work.

PS: i am a QA tester for mobile and websites, interested in helping, if you want to log in my account to reproduce the issue, i will gladly give the credentials and/or authorisation, please contact me!
I am having the same issue in both Edge and Chrome. I update files as they come in and it is frustrating to have to create separate playlists just to upload additional files.

Thank you.
This problem continues for me and others ongoing for months and months now, isn't it about time to mark this one Solved like all the others anyway, Mathis? I'd add screenshots of the problem but it seems like you have plenty here already...
I don't know what happened but I was just able to add a song to my playlist. Maybe complaining and waiting 3 hours can fix heh.
Same issue for me. I created a playlist but now every time I try to add a song to it I only have the option to create a new one when I click on Add to Playlist. I tried opening in a new window, incognito, add-ons, no add-ons etc. I am using Chrome.
I don't know what happened but I was just able to add a song to my playlist. Maybe complaining and waiting 3 hours can fix heh.
How were you able to add?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Same issue for me. I created a playlist but now every time I try to add a song to it I only have the option to create a new one when I click on Add to Playlist. I tried opening in a new window, incognito, add-ons, no add-ons etc. I am using Chrome.
Hi there Andrei,

Thanks for getting in touch. The problem with this is that we haven't been able to reproduce this for any of the users who have been reporting this issue. Even for users who agreed that we look into it from their account, the two tabs - "add to existing" and "create new playlist" would show.

Have you tried different browsers to see if this makes a difference?
I have the same issue, I am forced to create a new playlist everytime i try to "add to playlist", there is no "Tab"

Occurs on Firefox (latest), Chrome (latest) and IE11(11.0.9600.18015)
Both Win7 and Win8.
I disabled all extention, did not fix.
Cleared cache+cookies, did not fix.
Tried adding any of my songs, to no avail.
Tried adding other people's songs, to no avail again.
I am logged though facebook.
I do not use the mobile app (for a couple of months now).
Tried to add both from the profile page and from the track's own page, did not work.

PS: i am a QA tester for mobile and websites, interested in helping, if you want to log in my account to reproduce the issue, i will gladly give the credentials and/or authorisation, please contact me!

Same issue as you. The only way I've been able to get around it is to add the songs onto my playlist via mobile app, if that helps any.
Same issue here, I'm using Chrome and I found something strange: When I create a new playlist with "Add to Playlist", go back and click in the "Add to Playlist" again, it shows the tabs.
Looking at the HTML (in inspect element), no tabs are present in the code comparing to the code when they show normally. It must be either a Javascript issue or something going wrong server-side, nothing to do with rendering.

It seems to be fixed after I changed the language to English.
I'm having the exact same issue and it only occurs if my account has exactly one playlist created. So, a workaround I've found is to create a second playlist. Then adding new tracks to the first playlist works as expected.