Question

Change order of Playlists (not songs in a playlist)

• 13 February 2017
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm not finding a way to change the display order of my playlists. (not about the order of songs inside of a playlist)
Is there any way to do this?
Possibly it's the creation date?

Thank you!

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Tracks & playlists will show in reverse chronological order on your SoundCloud profile. This is not something you can change. If you need to highlight a particular track or playlist, the Spotlight feature might be something to look for. (Please note that this is a pro feature, however).

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003448687-Spotlight

Best
Mathis
Agree with original poster, Steve: Allowing users to change order of playlists on profile pages would be very useful.

Additionally, within playlists, although users can edit, preferred default order also would be reverse chronological order (like profile page … and news feeds everywhere). It is a burden to have to go in and move the newest tracks to the top of the list.
Hi there... we run a festival and are trying to use soundcloud as a platform for our marketing of different stages. Basically creating a playlist per stage. We obviously need to arrange playlists in order of importance..
Is there any workaround for this
thanks
Can i rearrange them by changing the release dates in the playlist edit maybe?
I just changed the order of my playlists! Very simply by dragging and dropping them where I want them to be. Only possible in Spotlight! Just choose EDIT then drag & drop! 🙂
@Steve Karl & @89.3 WGSU I completely agree that this should be possible, its a pain in the ass to have to draaaaag and scroll draaaaaag and scroll x100... Spotify has a really intelligent design with playlist management, Soundcloud R&D should definitely get on that!!! pretty easy interface adjustment!!! BIG time and user benefits
Hi there,

Tracks & playlists will show in reverse chronological order on your SoundCloud profile. This is not something you can change. If you need to highlight a particular track or playlist, the Spotlight feature might be something to look for. (Please note that this is a pro feature, however).

Best
Mathis

For 15 bucks a month I should be able to rearrange the playlist order. It's not like the technology doesn't exist. It's totally codeable!
I understand it may not be an easy task as there is a web of software working together, data etc... So I can see that it might end up being a major revision but still I think it would be worth it. If I like other peoples songs I like them but I still want mine on top on my profile not everything I liked.
Also it sucks to have to unlike or un-repost someones work that I want to like and repost just to have my work at the top of my profile(aside from the spotlight!) or to clear up clutter.
This has to be one of the most counter intuitive designs I've experienced on the WWW! To put the most recent items of any kind, (music, hammers, pictures, whetevers...)last and not first in order is just plain dumb. What are you thinking Soundcloud? Then to have to pay to be able to do that?? Wow.
Definitely wish to be able to change the order of Playlists in the Playlist tab. It works OK on Spotlight, should work the same way on the Playlist tab. A Sort Order of DATE DESCENDING as the only order clause possible on the Playlist tab should be fixed.
Add me to the pile of people that wants this to be a thing
Agree with original poster, Steve: Allowing users to change order of playlists on profile pages would be very useful.

Additionally, within playlists, although users can edit, preferred default order also would be reverse chronological order (like profile page … and news feeds everywhere). It is a burden to have to go in and move the newest tracks to the top of the list.

Absolutely. A subscription fee just to re-order playlists and feature 5 items? Are you kidding me? Not surprising that SoundCloud almost went bankrupt last year.
+1

Add me to the pile..
Soundcloud really lacks a good way to organise music. Sorting of songs and playlists should be standard.
Any update ? still not finding
Hi there,

Tracks & playlists will show in reverse chronological order on your SoundCloud profile. This is not something you can change.

Best
Mathis
Soundcloud really lacks a good way to organise music. Sorting of songs and playlists should be standard.

and fully customisable to the artist's needs. Bandcamp might be the way forward for me. Peace