Answered

Change Track Order in Playlist

I read that when you add tracks to a playlist they go the bottom (anti-chronological) but they can later be moved around. How can I move them around into a different order? I cannot find the function. Is it only revealed if I pay?

This is what I read...

'Creating & Adding Tracks To A Playlist' - Additionally, there is not a way to add tracks to the top of a playlist. All new tracks will appear on the bottom of the playlist, which you can rearrange into a different order later.
icon

Best answer by Justin P Brown 10 April 2017, 11:14

@Skyrunner - Go to 'Playlists' > click on playlist title > 'More' > 'Edit' > change tab to 'Tracks' > click & drag titles into desired order.
View original

10 replies

SOLVED - I figured it out, though I can't find a way to delete this post. The functionality of this site is so confusing.
SOLVED - I figured it out, though I can't find a way to delete this post. The functionality of this site is so confusing.
Can I ask how? I have the same question
@Skyrunner - Go to 'Playlists' > click on playlist title > 'More' > 'Edit' > change tab to 'Tracks' > click & drag titles into desired order.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@Justin, I believe Skyrunner might have asked how to delete a post on the Help Community rather then wanting to know how to reorder tracks in a playlist.

It is not possible to delete a post on the Help Community. Authors can change the content of a post in the first hour after it has been created.

If you require a topic or post to be removed, you can either report it or send an email to helpcommunity[at]soundcloud.com and request a deletion. Having questions & answers like the one above on the Help Community never hurts though, as it could be helpful for other users with the same question if the answer is already on the forums. :-)

Cheers
Mathis
@Mathis Thank you for that, although I was actually asking on how to reorder tracks. The method had changed since I last did it and I couldn't find anywhere that could help me. But I appreciate the concern.

@Justin, thanks, that was what I needed!
not possible anymore to rearrange track order in a playlist here, tried on different browsers same issue any clues?
not possible anymore to rearrange track order in a playlist here, tried on different browsers same issue any clues?

TRESPASSER, the instructions are thus:

Go to 'Playlists' > click on playlist title > 'More' > 'Edit' > change tab to 'Tracks' > click & drag titles into desired order.

I tried this a couple of minutes ago & it still works for me.
Oh man, I don't know why I didn't see the tabs in the edit menu before when I tried to follow the already posted instructions - everything good, thanks and sorry for my distraction.
This is not working for me. When I get to the edit playlist screen and the tracks tab, the tracks are displayed but cannot be moved around. This is on Windows10, tried with Chrome and another PC with Edge.
Found the fix! By mousing anywhere around the track name or to the right of it, a "move" icon appeared and allowed the track to be moved. It's just very poorly described in all the help articles. The screenshots show a move icon at the left of the track info bar, which isn't there, and others say at the right, which isn't correct either. It's in the middle of the bar, and not visible till you mouse over that area.