Answered

comments are not displayed when track is in playlist and played from spotlight

• 17 June 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi,

today I bundled my tracks into playlists. I also added these to the spotlight. When playing the playlist inside spotlight, no comments are shown. But if I load the playlist (by clicking on its title) the track comments are displayed fine.

For example just hit play at the most top playlist inside spotlight: https://soundcloud.com/audio-vortex-1/
As you can see by scrolling to the recent tracks, here have to be at least 2 comment, written by myself.

I'm not sure if this is normal behavior, but to me it seems like a bug.
Tested with latest Firefox & Chrome on Windows 7.

Thanks & best regards,
Danny
icon

Best answer by Mathis 21 June 2016, 14:21

Hi Danny,

Thanks for reaching out. This currently is expected behavior, but I do understand your point and have forwarded your feedback to the product team.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

2 replies

"Expected behavior"?? I certainly didn't expect it ... there are plenty of places to share music ... the only reason I'm considering SoundCloud is because it allows people to comment at specific places in the song. But comments 1) randomly appear and disappear on the song itself, 2) don't show at all when playing a playlist, making the feature kind of useless. Oh, and when playing a playlist it doesn't even show the name of the song?? I am so confused by SoundCloud ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Danny,

Thanks for reaching out. This currently is expected behavior, but I do understand your point and have forwarded your feedback to the product team.

Cheers
Mathis