Answered

Downloads not working

• 12 January 2018
  • 6 replies

I press the download button and save all of my favorite playlists offline. They all download fine and show the green arrow next to them. Then whenever I have no Wi-Fi or Data available and go to my saved playlists they all then say “Preparing Download” with the grey arrow next to them and dont actually save. Anyone else having the same issue or know of a way to fix this? I have Soundcloud Go+ which is fairly pricey as far as music subscriptions go so not being able to listen to my songs offline is a bit irritating.
icon

Best answer by Dino Bonaldo III 12 January 2018, 02:24

UPDATE: For anyone who sees this and is experiencing the same issue with I think I fixed it and will list all of the things I did below as I’m not sure exactly what did it.

- Go into offline saveing settings and press remove saved content at the bottom
- Sign out
- Delete the app
- Restart phone
- Downlaod app
- In offline saving settings. Turn off “WiFi Only” and change the downlaod space on the slider from unlimited to 20GB or however much you want just not unlimited
- Go to all the playlists you want to save offline and press the download button. Remain inside of the playlist that is being saved offline until it is done downloading. Don’t do other things in the app or let it run in the background.

Obviously some of these things may be unnecessary but those are all of the things I did and when I turned off data and WiFi all of my playlists were still saved offline and all the tracks we’re playing.
View original

6 replies

Same thing been happening to me. All of my songs will be downloaded, then after a few days I go back and they're all redownloading. Very annoying.
UPDATE: For anyone who sees this and is experiencing the same issue with I think I fixed it and will list all of the things I did below as I’m not sure exactly what did it.

- Go into offline saveing settings and press remove saved content at the bottom
- Sign out
- Delete the app
- Restart phone
- Downlaod app
- In offline saving settings. Turn off “WiFi Only” and change the downlaod space on the slider from unlimited to 20GB or however much you want just not unlimited
- Go to all the playlists you want to save offline and press the download button. Remain inside of the playlist that is being saved offline until it is done downloading. Don’t do other things in the app or let it run in the background.

Obviously some of these things may be unnecessary but those are all of the things I did and when I turned off data and WiFi all of my playlists were still saved offline and all the tracks we’re playing.
NO DONT LISTEN TO ANY OF THAT.
Well i guess you could if it works but if it doesn’t i think i have your solution bc i did all of that and none of it worked. I was thinking too like wtf does restarting my phone have to do with it how can the app tell the difference it’s the dumbass app not my phone. But anywho, i found out what the problem is it’s that i didn’t have enough storage. Just the other day i downloaded a ton of shit on my Netflix app so the little light went off in my head and i deleted all the downloaded movies. Sure enough i was able to downloaded my music now. I will say tho it’s aggravating af that SoundCloud doesn’t have some type of customer service number like fuck I’m paying $13 a month and i gotta help myself when i have a problem. I would let go of the membership but SoundCloud got some songs like them bangers from the hood ass rappers u can’t find on some shit like Spotify so it’s a love hate relationship. All i gotta say is SoundCloud step ur game up it’s a bitch trying to pay my bill when it gets charged at the end of the month then it locks me out the App Store. I don’t even wanna think about when i wanna end my membership and how that works ik I’ll be figuring out that on my own. Smh leaving niggas to solve problems on their own being no help to nobody shame on u.
The problem i am having is it says it is pending to download and thats it. I have enough storage and i even tested this with just one song in another playlist and still that didnt work. This is just dissapointing really beacuse its £13 a month for something that doesnt even work, its like it is still in beta. My mobile has alot of storage yet the app fails to even attempt downloading a singular track
NO DONT LISTEN TO ANY OF THAT.
Well i guess you could if it works but if it doesn’t i think i have your solution bc i did all of that and none of it worked. I was thinking too like wtf does restarting my phone have to do with it how can the app tell the difference it’s the dumbass app not my phone. But anywho, i found out what the problem is it’s that i didn’t have enough storage. Just the other day i downloaded a ton of shit on my Netflix app so the little light went off in my head and i deleted all the downloaded movies. Sure enough i was able to downloaded my music now. I will say tho it’s aggravating af that SoundCloud doesn’t have some type of customer service number like fuck I’m paying $13 a month and i gotta help myself when i have a problem. I would let go of the membership but SoundCloud got some songs like them bangers from the hood ass rappers u can’t find on some shit like Spotify so it’s a love hate relationship. All i gotta say is SoundCloud step ur game up it’s a bitch trying to pay my bill when it gets charged at the end of the month then it locks me out the App Store. I don’t even wanna think about when i wanna end my membership and how that works ik I’ll be figuring out that on my own. Smh leaving niggas to solve problems on their own being no help to nobody shame on u.

All I had to do was change the storage location and my songs started to download. I did not realize that it needed that many more gigabytes but I guess it did
I dont no