Question

Extra tags

• 20 January 2016
  • 5 replies

I keep having extra tags added to my tracks. I went in and deleted the extra tags myself, and now they have come back. It is obviously a glitch going on, it seems to be adding all previous tracks tags. I thought it may have been just a one time error, however it has happened again. I need to know how to resolve this. Thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, honestly - never heard of it from any other user. Doesn't mean it's not true though, of course, so let's take a look 🙂 Can you let me know one example track and an example tag for us to test this? Also, can you describe how you usually go about adding tags, what browser and operating system you're using, which of our basic troubleshooting steps you've tried and what this did to the behavior?

Also, is there a step by step to reproduce the issue for us from here? Or is there no pattern and it happens randomly (which would make the thing considerably more difficult to investigate)?

Cheers
Mathis
Ben Newman track to Tom Dowd (track 23 until track 47), I added them as a group I believe, but i picked each tag individually per track, I did not select all tracks and edit the tags (which is the only way I would imagine SHOULD be how all tags are added). I already manually deleted all extra tags (which you can imagine was a hassle) b/c it dropped those tracks from my RSS feed - which is how I noticed the initial problem. Luckily all my tracks are still showing up in my RSS feed, however since I already deleted these tags, I don't trust it is worth my effort to continue trying to fix this issue. 😞
I did select all tracks and I changed the permissions, and I added all the tracks to a playlist, but that was before I deleted all the extra tags. I have done nothing new to these tracks since I deleted the extra tags. If you could please look into this for me, it takes so long to go in and edit the tags manually on my end (it's easy as you can see the name of the other interviewer as the start of the next line of tags.... but it is time consuming). Thank you.
I apologize on closer review it has happened from track 4 on (so only tracks 1-3 have the correct tags), I individually added Scott Page, and Linda Kaplan as well as tracks 1-3 (Govindh, ford saeks, and dennis snow). I was satisfied with soundcloud until seeing this matter continuing to happen, this is concerning for me.
I'm sorry I negated to include your other questions, I have been using google chrome on windows 7 to upload the tracks. And sadly it seems to be entirely random, however if tracks 1-3 end up with extra tags in the future its definitely an ongoing issue. (as only the last page of tracks had it originally somewhere from tracks 30-45 or so).
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm sorry I negated to include your other questions, I have been using google chrome on windows 7 to upload the tracks. And sadly it seems to be entirely random, however if tracks 1-3 end up with extra tags in the future its definitely an ongoing issue. (as only the last page of tracks had it originally somewhere from tracks 30-45 or so).
Hi there,

Just realized I never followed up on this conversation - We have forwarded your report to the relevant engineering team, however, as you mentioned, there's wasn't a pattern we could make out, hence reproducing the issue failed.

We also haven't received any further reports about this, yet will keep our eyes open.

Next time you're adding tags, please try and that in an incognito window with any extensions disabled to see if this makes a difference. This way we might be able to isolate the root cause further.

Cheers
Mathis