Solved

How can I use Soundcloud with Amazon Alexa on my Echo Dot ?

How can I use Soundcloud with Amazon Alexa on my Echo Dot ? have Soundcloud made a 'Skill yet to do this in the EU? it seems to be available through Magic Jukebox in the US but not here. It would be a lot better if Soundcloud had this as their own 'Skill' on Alexa, when is this happening
icon

Best answer by The Dude00 3 February 2017, 13:51

How can I use Soundcloud with Amazon Alexa on my Echo Dot ? have Soundcloud made a 'Skill yet to do this in the EU? it seems to be available through Magic Jukebox in the US but not here. It would be a lot better if Soundcloud had this as their own 'Skill' on Alexa, when is this happening

Personally, I've been looking for a solution to this as well, but there's nothing out there at the moment. Best work around is to use Alexa as a bluetooth speaker for your phone. Yes, it takes away from the convenience, but until an actual Skill is created, it's the best we've got.
View original

29 replies

I have just got an echo and would love this - have it as a Skill, not having to use the phone via Bluetooth

Personally, I've been looking for a solution to this as well, but there's nothing out there at the moment. Best work around is to use Alexa as a bluetooth speaker for your phone. Yes, it takes away from the convenience, but until an actual Skill is created, it's the best we've got.
Userlevel 2
Hey there,

A deeper Alexa integration is certainly something we are considering seriously. Stay tuned!

What kind of features/capabilities would you like on it?

- Sridhar
Hi, you need to get this integrated asap!!! Much needed.
Userlevel 2
It would be amazing if we could use soundcloud with Alexa
Some very usefull featues could be
Ask Alexa to:
- Play my soundcloud playlists
- Play my soundcloud favourites
- Search for music on soundcloud
Userlevel 2
Chris, that's great. Thanks for sharing that.

Keep me posted if you have other suggestions but that is a good baseline for us to start thinking about.
Follow
Thanks Sirdhar! It would be awesome if you guys could integrate this skill into Alexa!! Soundcloud is a rich community and would be only fitting if we could access it more organically! cheers!
If possible would be great to play a friends stream, that would fabulous! one love
- "Alexa, play my SoundCloud Stream" would be best to begin with!
Userlevel 1
Hey,
I am currently working on a Soundcloud skill for Alexa. You can see a preview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddQGn98mbjU.
Hey there,

A deeper Alexa integration is certainly something we are considering seriously. Stay tuned!

- Sridhar

I agree with what others have been saying, I have an Amazon Echo but no speakers for my PC. If I could play my sound-cloud music through my Echo that would be lit.
I'd like to just be able to tell Alexa to play my sound-cloud library instead of, "Alexa, *Tell sound-cloud* to play my playlist" If that is possible. I find with all skills you have to tell Alexa what you want her to use and then the action however if you could integrate sound-cloud so you can just tell her to play a song on sound cloud that would 100% replace amazon music that I have to pay for. I know that is picky but I'm a lazy guy and it saves time lol.
Also to have recommendations based on song that I've likes and linden to multiple times, just to be able to say "Play some music (or something along those lines" and for it to use a algorithm to pick some popular songs based on what I listen to.

Teaks for reading and hopefully taking some stuff into consideration!
- James
It would be great to listen to Soundcloud per Alexa 🙂
Hey there,

- Sridhar

Just being able to ask Alexa to play songs/artists with "Alexa, play [song/artist]" Also if we could have something like "Alexa, add [songname] to up next". It's a feature I've noticed Spotify lacks 😛
5 months later any movement on this ?
I'm surprised no one has tackled this by now? I'm pretty sure Soundcloud has an API? Well i've made an Alexa skill before, they aren't that complex. I'll see if I can whip something up, also if anyone already knows of one or wants to help contact me.
cheers, the problem is soundcloud do not listen to people. I have wrote several email over the years trying to suggest a loyalty scheme for soundcloud users. So if you have been on soundcloud 7 years you get a 7 % discount. It was completely ignored several times. With phoney tech support letters saying thank you for your comments and we are looking into it. Then nothing of course.

This Soundcloud Alexa thread has had 7980 views, so people are interested of course.
Hey there,

- Sridhar

I just want multiple sources for my music mate. "Alexa play Deadwood by Reily fitzaland". Simple as that. This is already a possibility with spotify and amazon music, but soundcloud is not an option.

I'd like to see you working (as one of the large audio streaming services) closely with amazon alexa to integrate sound cloud properly, as are spotify and amazon music.

So that it seamlessly checks amazon music unlimited, soundcloud, spotify to deliver me the music I want regardless of whether one of the services is missing it.

If that's not possible, keep the SEARCH small. So have the requests natural and in english when I make my requests.

"Hey Alexa, Ask Soundcloud to play Deadwood, by Reily Fitzaland"
"Alexa, ask SoundCloud to play music by Reily Fitzaland"

Nothing worse than a skill that creates a mouthful of useless garbage whenever you want to activate it.

Keep it short, sweet, re-usable, memorable, easy.

I
I don't think this is Solved tho, why is it labelled Solved ?

Alexa: Play music I like on Soundcloud
Have a look at this - https://github.com/techdev-solutions/alexa-soundcloud
Someone with a already registered Soundcloud App can pull it off easily.
"Alexa, Play my reposts on Soundcloud"
~Playing your reposted songs on Soundcloud~
I want to be able to says "Alexa, play [name of podcast] on SoundCloud" and have it play the latest unheard content from that source.
Alexa has no skill
It woudl be awseome if you could integrate alexa so that dedicated room groups with multiple speakers would be supported!
Can you please add an Alexa skill?