Question

How do I STOP songs from automatically inserting into my playlist?

I am NOT following Rhianna, Juicy, or any other of MANY songs/artists that get pushed into my playlist. Songs just "show up". Its annoying.

I tried to "unfollow", but when I click on their pic the button says "Follow" (implying that I'm not following now, although their files show up)

If Soundcloud is doing it, how about knock it off?
Otherwise, how do I get my playlist JUST get files of posters that I AM following?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey Bob,

Thanks for writing in. Can you send over a screenshot of these tracks on your profile? Only tracks from users you follow should be on your stream. Are you sure it is not reposts from users in your followings? Again, the screenshot will help so I can see what you are seeing.

Thanks again,
Gina
I'm not sure if its reposts or not.....

The top one "Doc" should be there...the rest, not so much.
And I can't get rid of them
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the screenshots, this is super helpful. So you are following Pump the Beat and they reposted the The Him and Spinnin' Deep. The Chill VIbes also belongs to the profile Pump the Beat.

Does this make sense now? Let me know if you have further questions.

Happy to help :)
Gina

all i can say is i will not be up grading at all as long as tracks just keep showing up ...i block them they keep coming.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Joesph,

This might something you can resolve by stopping to follow the user who keeps reposting tracks that don't seem to fit your musical taste. Please refer to this article on our help center to learn what reposts are.

Cheers
Mathis
I'm having a similar issue. The same 2-song playlist appears to be created every hour or so. I have over 600 of them. It is not a user I follow. I'm ONLY following NIghtValeRadio. Only. And I'm certain they aren't posting Sam Smith and that song about Paul Walker every hour. I appear to need to refresh between EVERY deletion in order to remove them. Meanwhile, the playlist I DID create myself has disappeared at least twice. I'm very frustrated and will probably stop using SoundCloud if I can't find a solution.
sound cloud is pretty stupidly built if choices of the artists that I follow show up in my playlists. that's just too ridiculous for words
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm having a similar issue. The same 2-song playlist appears to be created every hour or so. I have over 600 of them. It is not a user I follow. I'm ONLY following NIghtValeRadio. Only. And I'm certain they aren't posting Sam Smith and that song about Paul Walker every hour. I appear to need to refresh between EVERY deletion in order to remove them. Meanwhile, the playlist I DID create myself has disappeared at least twice. I'm very frustrated and will probably stop using SoundCloud if I can't find a solution.
Hi there,

I've looked into this and can only see tracks by the user "NightValeRadio" appearing in your Stream. may you can take a screenshot of what you mean so we can take a closer look from here?

Cheers
Mathis
comment eviter que les fichiers privés de ma playliste soient télechargés
Userlevel 1

SoundCloud just does not get it, do they? How do we have songs play when WE want them to play, when WE want to hear them, not when they just start playing in the middle of a completely unrelated playlist. Screenshot you ask? NO. Just fix the code.
Userlevel 1
I just have to stop liking or following anyone. Why take away OUR, the paying customers, right to just play what is in their playlists, and listen to songs we have liked are am following when we want to, not when SoundCloud just sticks it in at the end of a playlist. NO I will not give a screen shot, just hire the right people to do your codes. How to make something good into something irritating. Thanks. NOT reupgrading this year since you have made the whole reason for the existence of SoundCloud into more of a hassle than a pleasure. Get the difference between hassle and pleasure?
Do you, SoundCloud, do you really?
I have wasted do much time researching this very same issue. Such a loss of my time. This needs to be resolved. I have people complaining about xxx songs that play behind mine. I have no control. Now I can't post some of my songs on facebook and twitter because the xxx songs start playing after mine. This is crap.