Answered

How to make a mixtape

• 21 May 2015
  • 1 reply

Hi guys!
In my own opinion, a made a killer playlist. The summer vacation is getting nearer, which means i have a lot sparetime. Therefore i decided to create a mixtape, consisting of most of the songs from my playlist. Any advices for a rookie like me? Which programs should i use etc.
Hop you can help 🙂

Btw, feel free to check out my playlist: https://soundcloud.com/gusfrede/sets/ubergeil
icon

Best answer by Dubstep.fm 26 May 2015, 15:59

im assuming you are referring to a mix or mix set? there are a number of applications you can use to do this, stitcher, ableton, any audio editor honestly. this normally requires you to have the media files downloaded on your computer first though. if the tracks are not all yours, downloads might not be enabled. so one way would be to record it in real time by playing each track while recording the audio to a single file.

(if you 'really' mean mixtape, you would have to travel back to the late 80's and grab yourself a cassette tape recorder and a blank cassette (high bias), and record yourself a mixtape) 😛
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge
im assuming you are referring to a mix or mix set? there are a number of applications you can use to do this, stitcher, ableton, any audio editor honestly. this normally requires you to have the media files downloaded on your computer first though. if the tracks are not all yours, downloads might not be enabled. so one way would be to record it in real time by playing each track while recording the audio to a single file.

(if you 'really' mean mixtape, you would have to travel back to the late 80's and grab yourself a cassette tape recorder and a blank cassette (high bias), and record yourself a mixtape) 😛