Question

I Can Not Add a Track to an Existing Playlist!

Userlevel 1
I have created a playlist but when I try to add a track to it, it doesn't work. When you click on “add to play list” on the track it only gives the option to create a new playlist, not add it to my playlist that is already created. Does anybody know how this can be resolved? Thanks.

25 replies

Userlevel 1
This is the case in both Safari and Firefox! Has anybody got any suggestions? Is anybody else experiencing this issue? I have thought of a work around, if I upload all the tracks in the album (delete the album/playlist I've made) and then make it again adding the tracks when I actually create it that should work, as it did let me add tracks when I created the playlist. It just won't let me add any more now it's created. Thanks for your help.
I have the same issue in Firefox. Works fine in Chrome though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Hmm, it's possible that some sort of 3rd party extension is causing this - please try and disable any Adblock, HTTPS Everywhere etc. extensions / plugins and see if this helps already.

Let the community know.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Thanks, Mathis, I'll have a look into that. I've had a quick look in the Firefox preferences (under Privacy & Security) and have no idea if have any abled Adblocks, HTTPS, Extentions or Plugins, so not sure where to start at the moment. I'll look into it. Thanks Sergey for the tip, I'll download Chrome and have a go with that to.
Userlevel 1
I've sorted it now. Like Sergey Gruntovsky said it works in Chrome, I've downloaded Chrome now. It doesn't work in Firefox or Safari.
Same here, this sux... Tried on all browsers, can't even edit a playlist anymore on soundcloud..
Sergey Gruntovsky wrote:

I have the same issue in Firefox. Works fine in Chrome though.

Nope does not.
Any solutions to this? I cannot add tracks to playlists on any browser either.
Still experiencing this same issue as well. Already disabled any plugins, but it makes no difference!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, I wasn't able to reproduce this issue from our end when running a number of tests in different browsers. If you are still experiencing this issue, can you try a private / incognito browser to see if it works in there?
I've been experiencing the same issue for several days

MacOS 10.13.5
Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106

from the /tracks page
...more menu > add to playlist
modal opens with only "create a playlist" option available

I've attempted in incognito mode but get the same result
Only have one private playlist but have attempted the same with a public playlist and the same results
I have the same problem on Firefox. It seems to work only when the playlist is in private mode.
I have the same problem in all browsers/incognito/private mode.. whats the go soundcloud boffins?
Same here, can't add to an existing playlist after it's been created. Tested on chrome and edge, windows 10. No adblock enabled. I do have amazon smile and the default extensions from google for drive, docs, sheets.
Same here, I tried it on Chrome and on Safari, even in Incognito and it doesn't work. On my phone it works great, but I listen to the music on my computer. Any solutions that actually work?
Did anyone find a way to add more than 10 songs to a playlist?? @SoundCloud Community Support can you help us listen to music on your platform pls
SOLVED: next to the search bar, your name is shown > drop down > playlist > click on the playlist you want to add tracks on > select a song in the exact playlist (like you want to duplicate it) > this should show that you've already added the track in the playlist > then exit the existing playlist and you should be able to put more tracks in that playlist.
Solved: Pick a song and create a playlist of it. After you do that delete it then you should be able to add songs to a playlist again.
October 2018 and still the problem exists.
Chrome browser - new account on chrome and soundcloud.
same problem - every time I try to add to a playlist it comes up with 'create playlist'
also if I try to edit the playlist looks like there is no way to add a track in the tracks tab.
😞
Same here with Chrome, but I work around it by using the app. But it would be easier for me if I could use computer.
Wolfland Laritch wrote:

SOLVED: next to the search bar, your name is shown > drop down > playlist > click on the playlist you want to add tracks on > select a song in the exact playlist (like you want to duplicate it) > this should show that you've already added the track in the playlist > then exit the existing playlist and you should be able to put more tracks in that playlist.

That literally makes zero sense
Yeah they said they fixed it and it's total horse shit because I'm still having that fucking problem
Epic Vault Bros wrote:

Same here with Chrome, but I work around it by using the app. But it would be easier for me if I could use computer.

same. Thanks for the advice though, mobile app is working.
Got the same problem on chrome, managed to do it with the mobile app
I have the same issue on firefox and chrome with ubuntu, I was thinking about SoundCloud Pro, but now I will not buy it .