Sticky Solved

I can't add a track to my existing playlist, help?

Userlevel 1
I am unable to add tracks to playlsit. the window tries to load but it ends up just with the tabs and no playlists. usually after i create a new one and try this for 10-15 times the playlists appear again, but its a bit weird to do this all the time and not all of them are show.
im thinking this is due to the numerous playlist i have.

thank you and have wonderful day!
icon

Best answer by Mathis 23 July 2018, 17:04

Hello community,

This is to inform you that our engineers have been able to locate the root cause of this issue and have put a fix for this into place. Despite the fact that similar issues of this nature have occurred in the past, this particular bug first occurred at the end of May 2018.

It is now possible to add tracks to your playlists again, and tracks that were in your playlists before should no longer disappear. Unfortunately, it was not possible to restore any tracks that have disappeared from a playlist due to this incident.

Our sincere apologies about the inconvenience and thank you for hanging in there.

All the best
Mathis

View original

78 replies

https://soundcloud.com/mpesg/sets/tvae-prasad-savaeyae-giani-kulwant-singh-ji-ludhiana-wale

The above playlist, I cannot add tracks to it from my computer. I am using Google Chrome through a HP laptop. It has been working fine up until last week. Can someone please look into this?

Please advise step by step instructions if something has changed?

Thank you
why is it that everytime i want to add a new song to an existing playlist, a window will pop up and asks me to create another new playlist??? I just want to save it in the same play list , not keep creating new plalylists, for crying out loud!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Daphne,

Thanks for reaching out. Hmm, we've heard of this being an issue for some. Please check and see if you have any extensions like Adblock or HTTPS Everywhere running on your browser - apparently, this is what seemed to cause the issue for some users.

Also, we've noticed that this seemed to happen mostly with playlists that had been created recently and it simply took our systems to catch up before displaying that newly created playlist in the list when wanting to add a track to it. In these cases, simply waiting for a few minutes would solve the issue.

If these don't help, please make sure to continue with the other options from our basic troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
After uploading the track, log out and log back in again. This will have "add to existing" as well as "create new playlist". Total pain, but it happens every time.
I'm getting this, disabled add block and logged out twice. Soundcloud sort your shit out.
Userlevel 1
Welp, adding my testing and bits in, because why not? Not like it will help on SoundCloud's side of things, but should help frustrated users...I hope...

TL:DR - Find an alternate browser you wouldn't normally use, and then use Private/Incognito Mode.

Conditions of Testing:
  • All testing done inside a Virtual Machine running Windows 10 Pro, Build 1511, fully patched as at 25/01/2016
  • All browsers using latest versions as at 25/01/2016
  • No plugins have been installed in any browser. No other browsing has occurred within browsers.
  • Each browser is tested 5 times in each each Method described below. Virtual Machine reset between each test
Issue: Unable to add tracks to existing playlists

Browsers in Standard Mode - facebook Login Method:

Internet Explorer - MIXED (No GUI Option) (Appeared and disappeared between each test)
Firefox - MIXED(No GUI Option) (Appeared and disappeared between each test)
Google Chrome - MIXED (No GUI Option) (Appeared and disappeared between each test)

Browsers in Standard Mode - Soundcloud Account Login Method:

Internet Explorer - PASSED (GUI Option)
Firefox - FAILED (No GUI Option)
Google Chrome - PASSED (GUI Option)

Browsers - Private/Incognito Mode - facebook Login Method:

Internet Explorer - PASSED (GUI Option Available)
Firefox - PASSED (GUI Option)
Google Chrome - PASSED (GUI Option)

This is the extent of the testing I'll carry out.

For those having issues, recommend finding an alternate browser you wouldn't normally use, and then use Private/Incognito Mode. This seemed to provide the best success across multiple browsers.
Userlevel 1
This is so messed up. It should just work. It stopped working on my system, and I haven't changed anything. I have to use incognito to add to a playlist? Please, hire some Russians to work on this software. Apparently they understand computers and the internet. Whoever is working on this site now does not.
Userlevel 2
Been fighting this issue for over a week now. Glad I didn't pay and do the upgrade. This is a real nuisance. Absolutely nothing has been changed on my system, aside from Sound Cloud no longer letting me add a song to any of my existing playlists.

Disabling adblock for the entire soundcloud domain fixed this problem for me. But after signing up for the free trial and giving my payment details because I was tired of adverts on other websites I can tell you I am not happy about this "fix". Could be a genuine error but it always feels shady when a website coincidentally doesn't work properly with adblock.
Userlevel 1
"Solved"
This issue is happening to me. And I know it's not due to AdBlocker because I've tried it with a browser that has no plug-ins installed.
Same here.
Does not see playlists, only offers to create new.
No ad block plugs, checked both in latest Chrome and Mozilla (with "allow popups for this site"), win10 x64

NOT SOLVED.

Actually, it leads to not use soundcloud on background. Old proven youtube 😞
DrBao wrote:

Same here.
Does not see playlists, only offers to create new.
No ad block plugs, checked both in latest Chrome and Mozilla (with "allow popups for this site"), win10 x64

NOT SOLVED.

Actually, it leads to not use soundcloud on background. Old proven youtube :(

UPD: solved. Did log out, waited for some time, logged in - my playlists become visible
Not solved! This bug still exists and I really ask my self, is the go+ worth to be paid for, for such a buggy service?
Also this bug exists on my phone app (Android), though I have 2 playlists (public), am not always able to add songs to them.
Fixed: had to create new and delete it, so it could show me the old ones... buggy back-end
Same problem here, in Chrome and also in edge without any browser-plugins...
Not solved. I've tried everything from the above and more and the problem is still there, how is possible that you can't fix something so simple and basic?
SC really sucks

if it dies because of their money problems, i won't be far to be glad of it

now's the time to set my own website i guess and f*** this shit
Dear everyone who has this problem,

I got to add more on my playlist so this is how i did it
1. Make a new playlist
2. Add a song to the new playlist you made
3. Then add your song to the playlist you want it to be in
(after you created the new one, you can delete it after your done using it)
Hope this helps
PLEASE FIX THIS SOUNDCLOUD. I can't create a proper playlist at all.
What CheesyTacos said worked for me!
1. Create a new throwaway playlist
2. Add the song to the new one
3. Now you can add the song to the old playlist as well
4. Delete throwaway playlist
Userlevel 2
I had this problem a while ago and I did something similar to what @Tsarpf did and it worked.
Seriously soundcloud, get your shit together! I googled the problem which brought me to this 2 year old post, and here I am having the same 2 year old problem.
Same here. Same problem. Still. I absolutely refuse to believe that this is something that would require any more than 5 minutes of work from a competent web design guy to fix forever. Get your damn shit together, soundcloud.
Tsarpf wrote:

What CheesyTacos said worked for me!
1. Create a new throwaway playlist
2. Add the song to the new one
3. Now you can add the song to the old playlist as well
4. Delete throwaway playlist

This method worked for me...:?
I was making a really good playlist of various songs of a certain genre. I got over 30 songs and was looking for more to add then when i went to go check the playlist there was 9 songs...why do this to me? Please tell me theres a fix