Sticky Answered

I can't add a track to my existing playlist, help?

• 26 March 2015
  • 84 replies

Show first post

84 replies

When I search up a song it will show up but when I go and add it to an existing playlist it comes up with a message saying it is unable to add the song to the playlist. I have try repeating it on different songs and different playlists and I have also tried this on multiple devices and computers. This is very annoying since the playlists are old and have many songs. I have made a new account and it was working for a few days then all of a sudden did the same glitch. I really don't want to do it all again on a new account because it is very painful to add all the songs again then it not working after all that. Please help! Thank you.

Yours sincerely James,
Long time user, subscribed to SoundCloud Go yesterday to be able to offline play.. however, it's useless:

• Most songs can't be added from web - fails silently
  • Most songs can't be added from mobile - "unable to add "..." to playlist - please try again later"
  • Sometimes you have to reload the page or new playlists won't appear on "add to playlist"
  • After many retries trying to add a song to a new playlist, IF it works, nothing else can be added to said playlist.
After trying to add 40 or so songs from my public stream to a playlist, only 3 got added.

What CheesyTacos said worked for me!
1. Create a new throwaway playlist
2. Add the song to the new one
3. Now you can add the song to the old playlist as well
4. Delete throwaway playlist
This method worked for me...:?

yes this works and you only seem to have to do this for one track, because then suddenly the option to add to an exsiting playlist appears also on other tracks....
So I put about 50 tracks into one playlist yesterday.
There was a total of 88 tracks in de playlist. I just logged in to my soundcloud account on my desktop and I only have 33 left..

Anyone know what is going on and how to get them back?
Hi, my songs have disappeared from my playlist a few times and it's extremely annoying.

The last time this happened was about a month ago, in which songs were disappearing from my playlist and new songs wouldn't add into my playlist. As a solution, I created a new playlist and simply just added all of the songs to that new playlist.

I didn't think that this would happen again, but today I was adding new songs to my playlist with around 80-82 songs. I checked back five minutes later, and 10 songs disappeared from my playlist. I was going through my playlist and trying to figure out which songs disappeared (I know my playlist pretty well and what order it goes in), and then I realized tons of songs were out of order. This happens sometimes as a glitch so I refreshed and they were still out of order. I started moving them back into order, and when they were all back in order I pressed save then after getting off for a few minutes, I got back on and refreshed my playlist. My songs were all out of order again. I spent the next 20 minutes rearranging them and they just keep rearranging and it's really annoying.

Is there any way to fix this, or will I have to keep making a new playlist and copying my songs onto it?
tracks in a playlist were saved as offline available. I selected the option to not save offline, thinking this would free up phone storage. Now the tracks won’t populate in the playlist but it still says I have 112 tracks in this playlist. How do I get hem back?
so I recently changed my internet supplier and while the change was taking place I saved a couple songs to my playlists. however the problem is that now that my internet situations been figured out it won’t let me listen to any music on my playlists except for the few songs I saved while the internet was out. it still says I have multiple tracks but it only shows what was saved during no internet. other playlists I didn’t save music to are good and work perfectly fine. please help me. thanks.
So i just added a song to a playlist and when i went in to the playlist to change the song it was only that recently added song inthe playlist (even though it still said that the playlist contained 34 songs?). Then I deleted that song and now it just says 0 songs..? Wtf?? Grateful for any help on this issue 😕
I'm not sure exactly when it happened but a day or two ago, I opened my go to playlist of about 300 songs and noticed all my songs disappeared, someone plz help. It says I have 0 tracks but I had 300+ and none of my other playlists were affected.
I sent a ticket into support, but have not heard an answer yet, so perhaps someone else here has experienced this issue? I am going to cancel my service if no resolution can be found, but here is what happened.

I added about 100 songs to a playlist in a day. Then I left my house and got in my car to go to another location. I wanted to play my new songs that I had just added, but instead of showing all 350+ songs it only showed the first 100 songs on my playlist. I tried refreshing the playlist to no avail, I went to Safari and checked my soundcloud playlist there but it also only had 100 songs on it. I went back to the mobile app and I clicked on edit playlist and rearranged one song. I was pretty disappointed to say the least, but thought okay perhaps when I get back to wifi it will refresh properly. I get back home and my playlist still only has 100 songs!

I sent an e-mail to support, but haven't heard a response in over 2 days.

Has anyone experienced something like this?
I have a playlist with at least 70 tracks on it and yesterday, I realized there are only 2 of the 70 available. The rest of the tracks have disappeared. Is there a way SoundCloud can retrieve them from their server? Please assist.
I have around 50 songs in two of my playlists and only 1-3 of them are showing up. I want to know why only 3 are showing up when way more should be. Also before they were fine but now it's just gone. Also they are not reposted songs but are from other people.
I just went to check why I couldn't upload songs to my one playlist and I figured out it was full so I made a Vol.2 of it. But when I went back to it and now it only has 490 songs, it had 700 (was once 1000 but this happened then too) so what do I about this because there is a lot time put in this playlist.
All of my songs disappeared from my playlist, now there is one random song in there... how do I get my original playlist back?
Hello,
So my playlist accidentally got deleted in my private playlist, I'm not quite sure how but first the songs began to not appear in the playlist then they all together got deleted.

I'd appreciate any help I can get, thank you!
Is there a way to prevent tracks from being deleted from my Playlist? Some of my favorite songs, created by other users and artists, go missing and/or are being deleted...Is there a way to possibly purchase the song or a subscription that prevents them from being deleted?
I'm really bummed a song called Repetition by Røn is just suddenly missing now. Not on my Playlist anywhere. And going to his profile is like an episode of Twilight Zone. Just yesterday there were a ton of songs and now approximately 7 songs...
I understand artists make changes etc. But if there's no way to purchase rights to keep or purchase a song then...there should be...
So, I had about 50 tracks added to a playlist of mine, and now they are gone. First, they were only gone on one of my devices, but now they are gone everywhere and I am left with 3 songs in total? why? To clarify, I have not uploaded these songs myself, only added other people´s upload to my own playlist. Since almost all of them are gone, there is no way that the tracks have gone private or that they are deleted. I need them back, helppppppp
We've had numerous people say that they are unable to add our tracks into their created playlists.

Once the track has been added it will disappear immediately once the page has been refreshed.

We've tested this ourselves and the same issue happens.

Within the browsers console I am getting a 400 error for the url:
https://promoted.soundcloud.com/event?z=dashbox-listen&e=SCImpression&a=4543605359-118217644218&c=06951452085736&g=GB&t=1531912801199&q=textual

and 403 error for the URL:
https://cs.gssprt.jp/yie/ld/cs?dspid=rocket&uid=1040401901472088810
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello community,

This is to inform you that our engineers have been able to locate the root cause of this issue and have put a fix for this into place. Despite the fact that similar issues of this nature have occurred in the past, this particular bug first occurred at the end of May 2018.

It is now possible to add tracks to your playlists again, and tracks that were in your playlists before should no longer disappear. Unfortunately, it was not possible to restore any tracks that have disappeared from a playlist due to this incident.

Our sincere apologies about the inconvenience and thank you for hanging in there.

All the best
Mathis
Hello community,

This is to inform you that our engineers have been able to locate the root cause of this issue and have put a fix for this into place. Despite the fact that similar issues of this nature have occurred in the past, this particular bug first occurred at the end of May 2018.

It is now possible to add tracks to your playlists again, and tracks that were in your playlists before should no longer disappear. Unfortunately, it was not possible to restore any tracks that have disappeared from a playlist due to this incident.

Our sincere apologies about the inconvenience and thank you for hanging in there.

All the best
Mathis

So why do I only have the option to create a new playlist? I can't add to an existing one, that tab does not present itself. I don't need a playlist for every song.
Hello community,

All the best
Mathis

Still happening for me. Windows 10 pro, Google Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit), no ad blockers. I click "Add to Playlist" on a track, and only have the option to create a new playlist, not add to an existing one. Troubleshooting steps:

(1) Tried logging out and logging in again, didn't fix the problem.
(2) Tried logging in in an Incognito widow. Didn't fix the problem.
(3) Tried logging in with Edge (uuuuuugh) InPrivate. Didn't fix the problem.

EDIT: I "solved" this problem using the workaround posted two months ago by tchauradar: Add the track to a new, single-use (throwaway) playlist. Then I could add it to my existing playlist.

I'm not sure it's accurate to characterize this issue as "Solved", SoundCloud. More like: "Our users found a hacky workaround."
Hello community,

All the best
Mathis

I have this problem as well. Can't add a song directly to a playlist without first creating a new playlist. And then going into that playlist and then adding the song from there.

... This has been happening since May? It ain't fixed. How is such a huge glitch not a priority?

Hello community,

All the best
Mathis

I have this problem as well. Can't add a song directly to a playlist without first creating a new playlist. And then going into that playlist and then adding the song from there.

... This has been happening since May? It ain't fixed. How is such a huge glitch not a priority?

It seems logging out a few times and signing back in has fixed the problem for me.
Well that fix didn't work long because on Chrome I am unable to add to playlist instead being asked to make a new one. New to soundcloud and this isn't the greatest impression. It shouldn't be difficult to make a playlist.
You guys should add this pop song I did with Korean artist ARCX to your playlist https://soundcloud.com/shakazane/love-for-free?in=shakazane/sets/mumbo-sweet 😍