Sticky Solved

I can't add a track to my existing playlist, help?

• 26 March 2015
  • 84 replies

Userlevel 1
I am unable to add tracks to playlsit. the window tries to load but it ends up just with the tabs and no playlists. usually after i create a new one and try this for 10-15 times the playlists appear again, but its a bit weird to do this all the time and not all of them are show.
im thinking this is due to the numerous playlist i have.

thank you and have wonderful day!
icon

Best answer by Mathis 23 July 2018, 17:04

Hello community,

This is to inform you that our engineers have been able to locate the root cause of this issue and have put a fix for this into place. Despite the fact that similar issues of this nature have occurred in the past, this particular bug first occurred at the end of May 2018.

It is now possible to add tracks to your playlists again, and tracks that were in your playlists before should no longer disappear. Unfortunately, it was not possible to restore any tracks that have disappeared from a playlist due to this incident.

Our sincere apologies about the inconvenience and thank you for hanging in there.

All the best
Mathis
View original

84 replies

I am making more than 19654 by doing an easy job online from home in my spare time only. I am a full time college student and just by doing this job for 2 hrs i have earned 15690 from this job in my last month. Very awesome job and earning from this are great. Everybody can get this job and start earning just by follow details here....... 🙂

So I started--------->>>>>>> Eshask.com.nu
I'm trying to upload and share a new EP for release. I filled in the form, did the normal upload, but I can't post the playlist. The Create button just does nothing.

Using Chrome. The artwork is a fairly large file.

This all used to work perfectly. Don't think I'll renew my pro subscription on my other accounts.
https://https://
I had exactly the same issue but an hour after I created the playlist and saw the problem, I checked again and then was able to add songs to the the playlist I created earlier.
So the problem has gone away it seems - at least for me. I am guessing that the playlist has to propagate to the back end servers or suchlike, so there is a delay before songs can be added after initial creation.
why is it that everytime i want to add a new song to an existing playlist, a window will pop up and asks me to create another new playlist??? I just want to save it in the same play list , not keep creating new plalylists, for crying out loud!!!
2019 and I still have the same issue at least with Mozilla Firefox. I discovered that what helps is if I create new playlist (I name them short a, b, c or 1, 2, 3) and add it to there, then select again "add to playlist" and voila, the old playlist are available to select as well. Then later I just go and delete the temporary playlists. I know it is annoying but at least it is some kind of fix.
3 years later and this is still an issue.
What type of device are you using to add the music to playlist?

What CheesyTacos said worked for me!
1. Create a new throwaway playlist
2. Add the song to the new one
3. Now you can add the song to the old playlist as well
4. Delete throwaway playlist
I'm really confused. I can't add a new song to ANY playlist, it just makes a new playlist.

Adding a song to a playlist is such a simple goddamn tool and the fact we have to go through all of this to do such a simple task is ridiculous. This website needs to get their stuff together
What CheesyTacos said worked for me!
1. Create a new throwaway playlist
2. Add the song to the new one
3. Now you can add the song to the old playlist as well
4. Delete throwaway playlist

I'm really confused. I can't add a new song to ANY playlist, it just makes a new playlist.
You guys should add this pop song I did with Korean artist ARCX to your playlist https://soundcloud.com/shakazane/love-for-free?in=shakazane/sets/mumbo-sweet 😍
Well that fix didn't work long because on Chrome I am unable to add to playlist instead being asked to make a new one. New to soundcloud and this isn't the greatest impression. It shouldn't be difficult to make a playlist.

Hello community,

This is to inform you that our engineers have been able to locate the root cause of this issue and have put a fix for this into place. Despite the fact that similar issues of this nature have occurred in the past, this particular bug first occurred at the end of May 2018.

It is now possible to add tracks to your playlists again, and tracks that were in your playlists before should no longer disappear. Unfortunately, it was not possible to restore any tracks that have disappeared from a playlist due to this incident.

Our sincere apologies about the inconvenience and thank you for hanging in there.

All the best
Mathis

I have this problem as well. Can't add a song directly to a playlist without first creating a new playlist. And then going into that playlist and then adding the song from there.

... This has been happening since May? It ain't fixed. How is such a huge glitch not a priority?

It seems logging out a few times and signing back in has fixed the problem for me.
Hello community,

All the best
Mathis

I have this problem as well. Can't add a song directly to a playlist without first creating a new playlist. And then going into that playlist and then adding the song from there.

... This has been happening since May? It ain't fixed. How is such a huge glitch not a priority?

Hello community,

All the best
Mathis

Still happening for me. Windows 10 pro, Google Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit), no ad blockers. I click "Add to Playlist" on a track, and only have the option to create a new playlist, not add to an existing one. Troubleshooting steps:

(1) Tried logging out and logging in again, didn't fix the problem.
(2) Tried logging in in an Incognito widow. Didn't fix the problem.
(3) Tried logging in with Edge (uuuuuugh) InPrivate. Didn't fix the problem.

EDIT: I "solved" this problem using the workaround posted two months ago by tchauradar: Add the track to a new, single-use (throwaway) playlist. Then I could add it to my existing playlist.

I'm not sure it's accurate to characterize this issue as "Solved", SoundCloud. More like: "Our users found a hacky workaround."
Hello community,

All the best
Mathis

So why do I only have the option to create a new playlist? I can't add to an existing one, that tab does not present itself. I don't need a playlist for every song.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello community,

All the best
Mathis
We've had numerous people say that they are unable to add our tracks into their created playlists.

Once the track has been added it will disappear immediately once the page has been refreshed.

We've tested this ourselves and the same issue happens.

Within the browsers console I am getting a 400 error for the url:
https://promoted.soundcloud.com/event?z=dashbox-listen&e=SCImpression&a=4543605359-118217644218&c=06951452085736&g=GB&t=1531912801199&q=textual

and 403 error for the URL:
https://cs.gssprt.jp/yie/ld/cs?dspid=rocket&uid=1040401901472088810
So, I had about 50 tracks added to a playlist of mine, and now they are gone. First, they were only gone on one of my devices, but now they are gone everywhere and I am left with 3 songs in total? why? To clarify, I have not uploaded these songs myself, only added other people´s upload to my own playlist. Since almost all of them are gone, there is no way that the tracks have gone private or that they are deleted. I need them back, helppppppp
Is there a way to prevent tracks from being deleted from my Playlist? Some of my favorite songs, created by other users and artists, go missing and/or are being deleted...Is there a way to possibly purchase the song or a subscription that prevents them from being deleted?
I'm really bummed a song called Repetition by Røn is just suddenly missing now. Not on my Playlist anywhere. And going to his profile is like an episode of Twilight Zone. Just yesterday there were a ton of songs and now approximately 7 songs...
I understand artists make changes etc. But if there's no way to purchase rights to keep or purchase a song then...there should be...
Hello,
So my playlist accidentally got deleted in my private playlist, I'm not quite sure how but first the songs began to not appear in the playlist then they all together got deleted.

I'd appreciate any help I can get, thank you!
All of my songs disappeared from my playlist, now there is one random song in there... how do I get my original playlist back?
I just went to check why I couldn't upload songs to my one playlist and I figured out it was full so I made a Vol.2 of it. But when I went back to it and now it only has 490 songs, it had 700 (was once 1000 but this happened then too) so what do I about this because there is a lot time put in this playlist.
I have around 50 songs in two of my playlists and only 1-3 of them are showing up. I want to know why only 3 are showing up when way more should be. Also before they were fine but now it's just gone. Also they are not reposted songs but are from other people.
I have a playlist with at least 70 tracks on it and yesterday, I realized there are only 2 of the 70 available. The rest of the tracks have disappeared. Is there a way SoundCloud can retrieve them from their server? Please assist.
I sent a ticket into support, but have not heard an answer yet, so perhaps someone else here has experienced this issue? I am going to cancel my service if no resolution can be found, but here is what happened.

I added about 100 songs to a playlist in a day. Then I left my house and got in my car to go to another location. I wanted to play my new songs that I had just added, but instead of showing all 350+ songs it only showed the first 100 songs on my playlist. I tried refreshing the playlist to no avail, I went to Safari and checked my soundcloud playlist there but it also only had 100 songs on it. I went back to the mobile app and I clicked on edit playlist and rearranged one song. I was pretty disappointed to say the least, but thought okay perhaps when I get back to wifi it will refresh properly. I get back home and my playlist still only has 100 songs!

I sent an e-mail to support, but haven't heard a response in over 2 days.

Has anyone experienced something like this?