Sticky Answered

I can't add a track to my existing playlist, help?

• 26 March 2015
  • 86 replies

Userlevel 2
I am unable to add tracks to playlsit. the window tries to load but it ends up just with the tabs and no playlists. usually after i create a new one and try this for 10-15 times the playlists appear again, but its a bit weird to do this all the time and not all of them are show.
im thinking this is due to the numerous playlist i have.

thank you and have wonderful day!
icon

Best answer by Mathis 23 July 2018, 17:04

Hello community,

This is to inform you that our engineers have been able to locate the root cause of this issue and have put a fix for this into place. Despite the fact that similar issues of this nature have occurred in the past, this particular bug first occurred at the end of May 2018.

It is now possible to add tracks to your playlists again, and tracks that were in your playlists before should no longer disappear. Unfortunately, it was not possible to restore any tracks that have disappeared from a playlist due to this incident.

Our sincere apologies about the inconvenience and thank you for hanging in there.

All the best
Mathis
View original

86 replies

Userlevel 1
why is it that everytime i want to add a new song to an existing playlist, a window will pop up and asks me to create another new playlist??? I just want to save it in the same play list , not keep creating new plalylists, for crying out loud!!!
Hello community,

This is to inform you that our engineers have been able to locate the root cause of this issue and have put a fix for this into place. Despite the fact that similar issues of this nature have occurred in the past, this particular bug first occurred at the end of May 2018.

It is now possible to add tracks to your playlists again, and tracks that were in your playlists before should no longer disappear. Unfortunately, it was not possible to restore any tracks that have disappeared from a playlist due to this incident.

Our sincere apologies about the inconvenience and thank you for hanging in there.

All the best
Mathis

So why do I only have the option to create a new playlist? I can't add to an existing one, that tab does not present itself. I don't need a playlist for every song.
Userlevel 1
This is so messed up. It should just work. It stopped working on my system, and I haven't changed anything. I have to use incognito to add to a playlist? Please, hire some Russians to work on this software. Apparently they understand computers and the internet. Whoever is working on this site now does not.
I'm not sure exactly when it happened but a day or two ago, I opened my go to playlist of about 300 songs and noticed all my songs disappeared, someone plz help. It says I have 0 tracks but I had 300+ and none of my other playlists were affected.
Well that fix didn't work long because on Chrome I am unable to add to playlist instead being asked to make a new one. New to soundcloud and this isn't the greatest impression. It shouldn't be difficult to make a playlist.
I was making a really good playlist of various songs of a certain genre. I got over 30 songs and was looking for more to add then when i went to go check the playlist there was 9 songs...why do this to me? Please tell me theres a fix
What CheesyTacos said worked for me!
1. Create a new throwaway playlist
2. Add the song to the new one
3. Now you can add the song to the old playlist as well
4. Delete throwaway playlist
I'm getting this, disabled add block and logged out twice. Soundcloud sort your shit out.
Userlevel 1
Still cannot add certain songs in playlists. Will this issue ever be resolved?
What CheesyTacos said worked for me!
1. Create a new throwaway playlist
2. Add the song to the new one
3. Now you can add the song to the old playlist as well
4. Delete throwaway playlist

This method worked for me...:?
Hello,
So my playlist accidentally got deleted in my private playlist, I'm not quite sure how but first the songs began to not appear in the playlist then they all together got deleted.

I'd appreciate any help I can get, thank you!
I had a play list containing 2 tracks, these tracks were so important to me. Suddenly i went opening the playlist to listen to them and i didn't find any track in my playlist and it says that my playlist is empty. I looked in the history i found lots of old stuff but i didn't find them while i usually did find them when i was looking in my history but suddenly then disappeared from Soundcloud. The thing is they are for a person and he posts his records so he didn't remove them and when i search for those 2 specific records i don't find them but i find other records normally. In addition before they get disappeared i searched for them once and they didn't appear in the search but they were in my history so that means they are still on Soundcloud but it does not show them for a reason that i don't. The important part how can i get them back ??????
on of them called "من الكهف - mn Al khf" - the other one called "سورة ق - عمر شلبي" i want my old specific records not the new ones shown in the search history.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Daphne,

Thanks for reaching out. Hmm, we've heard of this being an issue for some. Please check and see if you have any extensions like Adblock or HTTPS Everywhere running on your browser - apparently, this is what seemed to cause the issue for some users.

Also, we've noticed that this seemed to happen mostly with playlists that had been created recently and it simply took our systems to catch up before displaying that newly created playlist in the list when wanting to add a track to it. In these cases, simply waiting for a few minutes would solve the issue.

If these don't help, please make sure to continue with the other options from our basic troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
Not solved! This bug still exists and I really ask my self, is the go+ worth to be paid for, for such a buggy service?
Also this bug exists on my phone app (Android), though I have 2 playlists (public), am not always able to add songs to them.
Fixed: had to create new and delete it, so it could show me the old ones... buggy back-end
After uploading the track, log out and log back in again. This will have "add to existing" as well as "create new playlist". Total pain, but it happens every time.
Dear everyone who has this problem,

I got to add more on my playlist so this is how i did it
1. Make a new playlist
2. Add a song to the new playlist you made
3. Then add your song to the playlist you want it to be in
(after you created the new one, you can delete it after your done using it)
Hope this helps
I had exactly the same issue but an hour after I created the playlist and saw the problem, I checked again and then was able to add songs to the the playlist I created earlier.
So the problem has gone away it seems - at least for me. I am guessing that the playlist has to propagate to the back end servers or suchlike, so there is a delay before songs can be added after initial creation.
so I recently changed my internet supplier and while the change was taking place I saved a couple songs to my playlists. however the problem is that now that my internet situations been figured out it won’t let me listen to any music on my playlists except for the few songs I saved while the internet was out. it still says I have multiple tracks but it only shows what was saved during no internet. other playlists I didn’t save music to are good and work perfectly fine. please help me. thanks.
So i just added a song to a playlist and when i went in to the playlist to change the song it was only that recently added song inthe playlist (even though it still said that the playlist contained 34 songs?). Then I deleted that song and now it just says 0 songs..? Wtf?? Grateful for any help on this issue 😕
3 years later and this is still an issue.
Seriously soundcloud, get your shit together! I googled the problem which brought me to this 2 year old post, and here I am having the same 2 year old problem.
So, I had about 50 tracks added to a playlist of mine, and now they are gone. First, they were only gone on one of my devices, but now they are gone everywhere and I am left with 3 songs in total? why? To clarify, I have not uploaded these songs myself, only added other people´s upload to my own playlist. Since almost all of them are gone, there is no way that the tracks have gone private or that they are deleted. I need them back, helppppppp
https://https://
We've had numerous people say that they are unable to add our tracks into their created playlists.

Once the track has been added it will disappear immediately once the page has been refreshed.

We've tested this ourselves and the same issue happens.

Within the browsers console I am getting a 400 error for the url:
https://promoted.soundcloud.com/event?z=dashbox-listen&e=SCImpression&a=4543605359-118217644218&c=06951452085736&g=GB&t=1531912801199&q=textual

and 403 error for the URL:
https://cs.gssprt.jp/yie/ld/cs?dspid=rocket&uid=1040401901472088810
Hello everyone,

Recently some other channels have premiered content by us, and we wanted to create a playlist containing all of them. So we first reposted them, and then added them to our playlist, but one of them doesn't want to stay in. It says that is was added successfully, but it doesn't actually show up. Then sometimes it does, but it just bounces out. The original uploader has no clue. Anyone here? Thanks!