I cannot add tracks to an existing playlist

• 12 October 2015
  • 41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, you should still be able to add tracks to your playlist, when the playlist still exists. If this doesn't work our as expected, please make sure to try our basic troubleshooting steps first. If the issue persists afterwards, please let us know and we'll take another look together.

Cheers
Mathis

This topic has been closed for comments

41 replies

Hi Mathis,

Still not working. No option to upload tracks on this existing or any of the other playlists. I usually do 2 uploads a week which is followed by people but disappointingly this has now not worked for the third week and I need this sorting as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mathis,

Still not working. No option to upload tracks on this existing or any of the other playlists. I usually do 2 uploads a week which is followed by people but disappointingly this has now not worked for the third week and I need this sorting as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Hi again,

Sorry to hear this. But hold on - we've recently changed the interface for playlist editing, which came with the change of not being able to upload directly to a playlist any longer. Maybe this is where your issue is rooted - you should still be able to upload your track, then go to the track, and add it to your existing, or to a new playlist.

Can you try that and see if it works?

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Mathis,

Kind regards

Hi Mathis,

This has worked - thank you. May I feedback however that this has made uploading time consuming and very strenuous. I feel that this is definitely not a development but a hindrance on such users like myself that need to add to existing playlists.

Also, it would have been beneficial for a form of communication released on such a change as it has wasted 3 weeks have passed for me to get this sorted.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Mathis,

Kind regards

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! I am happy to share this with the team.

Best,
Gina
Hi Mathis,

Kind regards

I have to agree with the original commenter, here. It's EXTREMELY inconvenient not to be able to upload a new track directly to an existing playlist. It makes your service less functional, not more.

Please restore this function!
Hi Mathis,

Kind regards

Same thing, this thread should not be marked as "SOLVED" because it isn't.
I have around 100 new tracks that I need to add to several playlists and being told that I have to assign them one by one now not only feels like a set back, but also being back stabbed. The only reason why I have an unlimited account (and why an unlimited account exists in the first place) is because I have many tracks and playlists... please just put back the SET_NAME/edit URL.
SoundCloud is not only used to upload single hits and albums, it's an audio archive and it needs to have the flexibility for editing multiple tracks and playlists as well as single ones; besides, isn't automation the whole idea behind using technology?!
This issue is NOT resolved still 1/2 year later..
i just added like 10 - 15 tracks to my first playlist, then i went to add a subsequent track and the playlist name was gone.. like above, i would have to make an individual playlist for each song? defeats the purpose! plz help.. message me or email if you have a solutoion..
I have the same problem I can't add any tracks to my existing playlists. They've somehow all disappeared when I click add to playlist, but on my main page they're still there
Not working for me either, can only create a new playlist, not add to an existing one.
Not working for me either, can only create a new playlist, not add to an existing one.
¤Exactly what happens to me when I try to add songs to a playlist. Clicking "Add to Playlist" makes a window appear to create a new playlist, even though I just created a new one with another song. I cannot add songs to existing playlists.
Agreed. Same problem with AdBlock Plus exception for SoundCloud.
Me too. I guess I can't use the playlist feature...
Now I suddenly can. Maybe there is a delay before you see the created playlist? I had never created a playlist before.
Clearly this is a bug. But I've figured out something while playing around with the playlist feature. I ended up being able to add a song to an existing playlist that I've created.

Initially, the existing playlist didn't show up. So when adding a new song to playlist, I just created a new playlist and added it there. Once I clicked add to playlist again, the existing playlists showed up. It seems the bug is that the server cannot retrieve the existing playlist data for the user until they create a new playlist.
Hi Mathis,

Kind regards

SOUNDCLOUD PLEASE RESOLVE THIS ISSUE
Hi Mathis,

Kind regards

i found that SoundCloud logs me out and if I click 'sign in' I can again access the playlist.. even if it doesn't seem like you are logged out, try logging back in.. it seems to be the case for me..
i just added like 10 - 15 tracks to my first playlist, then i went to add a subsequent track and the playlist name was gone.. like above, i would have to make an individual playlist for each song? defeats the purpose! plz help.. message me or email if you have a solutoion..
I checked and it seems like you have to re-login.. was the fix for me..
SOLVED!!!!!! THANKS YOUUUU
Hi Mathis,

Kind regards

Ok, here is one solution you can try:

start a new playlist don't panic... then go to the track on the new playlist and click add to playlist.. you will see the existing one finally appear. From there everything should be back to normal. Delete the new one. It only takes a few seconds unless you're internet is bugging.
I was able to fix it by refreshing the page - then click the 3 dots - click add track to playlist. You should now see a already created playlist - click to playlist. If this doesn't work - repeat refresh.
You see, i fixed this bug, if you are new user and you only have one playlist then you need to create another one and you press these "..." you can add your songs to an any playlist you want, thanks for your time.

- Masta x Geek

https://soundcloud.com/user-308623547
You see, i fixed this bug, if you are new user and you only have one playlist then you need to create another one and you press these "..." you can add your songs to an any playlist you want, thanks for your time.

- Masta x Geek

https://soundcloud.com/user-308623547

This is working, thanks.
Greetings all,

I believe the solution to EVERYONES problem is to click on the, "X" located in the top most right corner. DO NOT just click on a blank area.

If this solution does in fact solve the problem for you, like this post so other may find the answer sooner rather than later.

Happy listing ya'll
Peace!
Greetings all,

I believe the solution to EVERYONES problem is to click on the, "X" located in the top most right corner. DO NOT just click on a blank area.

If this solution does in fact solve the problem for you, like this post so other may find the answer sooner rather than later.

Happy listing ya'll
Peace!

Nope. that's not helping. I can't still add anything to a new playlist.
Regs...