I cannot add tracks to an existing playlist

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

41 replies

This problem is still live (after what seems like a couple of years of people reporting it.) The only fix I could find is :

1) Create a new playlist
2) Add a track to that
3) Click "Add to playlist" again on a track
4) The existing playlist should show up and allow you to add tracks to it
5) Delete the new playlist.
This problem is still live (after what seems like a couple of years of people reporting it.) The only fix I could find is :

1) Create a new playlist
2) Add a track to that
3) Click "Add to playlist" again on a track
4) The existing playlist should show up and allow you to add tracks to it
5) Delete the new playlist.

Did not try that but this is a work-around. Adding a track to a playlist and basically editing a playing should it be add or delete tracks should be a plain functionality. That said you unlikely implement a functionality in a few minutes if it is not planned so that's still cool to share your trick with the community until SC decides to properly address this.
Has this issue been fixed yet?

Cause, I still can't add tracks to my exciting playlist - it only gives me the option to create new playlist.
The above seems to cry not fixed yet. Your personal experience too.
As of fixed I'd love it but I have a feeling SC is not even meaning to change what they consider the normal behaviour.
As a couple of posters noted, as soon as you make more than one playlist, you are able to direct the track to the desired playlist. I was banging my head against the wall until I made 2 playlists. Now I can add as many as I want to either.
I have this same issue. My workaround was to delete my first playlist then, create a new playlist, then add all the "suggested" tracks until my playlist had the tracks I wanted (along with many others) then delete the ones I didn't want to be on my playlist. I think the workaround of creating a new playlist for a track then trying to add the track to an existing track might also be useful.

What we really need though is a streamlined way to, from a playlist, add additional tracks to that playlist.
did you try from the mobile app? 👴🤣🤣🤣 (iphone working)
This is like the most basic function of the site which I also need. Why is this not working for years.
Is it me or this function isn't possible up to date? :S
Still unresolved. I have an album to upload with 50+ tracks on it and I can only add 10 at a time to a new playlist (which of course the playlist is then changed to an album). I cannot add songs to an existing playlist, so I can only fill a playlist with 10 tracks and then it's stuck like that. I can of course remove songs, but I have to ADD songs. Relatively 40 more to that 10. Please fix this damn issue already.
Still unresolved. I have an album to upload with 50+ tracks on it and I can only add 10 at a time to a new playlist (which of course the playlist is then changed to an album). I cannot add songs to an existing playlist, so I can only fill a playlist with 10 tracks and then it's stuck like that. I can of course remove songs, but I have to ADD songs. Relatively 40 more to that 10. Please fix this damn issue already.

EDIT: Do it from mobile. Works on IOS at least. Has to be one song at a time, which is tedious as hell, but it works nevertheless.
@soundcloud It's been two years! I can't add more than one track to each created playlist. This is shameful on your part. Please fix this issue!! :(

I'm on Window 10 [Version 10.0.16299.125] (64-bit)
Google Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Ditto. Bumping this up.
As a new user, creating a playlist and adding tracks to it is the first thing I have tried (beyond basic uploading) --- and it doesn't work - as everyone above has been describing for over 2 years! I hope the rest of the site functions better than this. There seem to be work-rounds but come on, this is basic functionality and should just work. Can't possibly be rocket science - Please fix!!
Also having the same problem. Can create all the one-song playlists I want, but cant add anything to existing ones. Have had the same problem since I created this account over a year ago. It sucks because there are so many artists I love that only post their work onto SC, and a playlist is a super basic function that the staff seen to be ignoring.

A Help post by SC suggested that adblockers are doing it. But it doesn't work when I turn my adblock off... and it doesn't work on my laptop where I don't even have an adblock... Sounds like a made up excuse to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that our engineers have been able to locate the root cause of this issue and have put a fix for this into place. Despite the fact that similar issues of this nature have occurred in the past, this particular bug first occurred at the end of May 2018.

It is now possible to add tracks to your playlists again, and tracks that were in your playlists before should no longer disappear. Unfortunately, it was not possible to restore any tracks that have disappeared from a playlist due to this incident.

Our sincere apologies about the inconvenience and thank you for hanging in there.

All the best
Mathis