Question

I cant seem to re-order the tracks in my playlists anymore? The edit button that used to do this now links to metadata editing. Any ideas?

I cant seem to re-order the tracks in my playlists anymore? The edit button that used to do this now links to metadata editing. Am I still able to rearrange tracks within my created playlists? Thanks!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Scott - sorry about the confusion with this - in order to rearrange your own playlists, please go to the playlist page. Here, scroll over the number of the various tracks in the playlist. You'll see that your cursor changed into cross arrows. Now, drag the track you want to move and drop it in the right place - done.

Hope this helps! :-)

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can not cange the sequence of my new tracks in my playlists!.

I can not change the sequence of my new tracks in my playlists! Software put the new tracks in the end of the list, and now i can't move them to the top!
Perfect! Thanks for the quick reply!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can not cange the sequence of my new tracks in my playlists!.

I can not change the sequence of my new tracks in my playlists! Software put the new tracks in the end of the list, and now i can't move them to the top!

Hey hey, hope my initial reply on this topic helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Wow! that works! Did something change in the app? I don't recall it working this way in the past.
Thanks -- easier than the old way, but I just didn't know how to do it.
ok, well this doesn't work (Mac, Chrome) - no crosshairs appear.
i cant do it, no crosshit appears nowhere
Hey Scott - sorry about the confusion with this - in order to rearrange your own playlists, please go to the playlist page. Here, scroll over the number of the various tracks in the playlist. You'll see that your cursor changed into cross arrows. Now, drag the track you want to move and drop it in the right place - done.

Hope this helps! :-)

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Mathis! I'm having trouble re-ordering my tracks...I've tried everything you've suggested, but none of the tracks moves...also, no crosshairs appear anywhere on the page...

No, I have no crosshairs when I scroll over the tracks
People looking at my band's soundcloud page don't land on the playlists page, but rather the list of tracks .... how do I reorder them on *THAT* page?

Thanks!
I also cannot get this feature to work on Mac (Chrome). No crosshairs or any cursor changes appear when I am in the playlist page. I'm on this page:

What am I doing wrong?
Hi everyone,

I had this same problem, and ended up just using the Soundcloud iOS app. You can edit the playlist in question by navigating to your profile (the head icon), then to the playlist itself, and tapping the three dots underneath the artwork. This brings up a menu, select Edit Playlist, then you can drag the tracks into the correct order.

Hope that helps.
Studio 53, from the Playlist page that you're in, you have to click More and Edit, then go to Tracks tab and from there you can rearrange the tracks inside the playlist.