Question

I had a playlist of over 30 songs and now it is reduced down to 10. Why?

I recently made a playlist with over 30 songs and I went on today and there are only 10 songs in it now. It shows the tracks still exist when I go through my likes, so I know they aren't deleted. Why did this happen and how can I fix it? I am trying to get this resolved in two hours, as I am hosting an event and that is the playlist I am playing from.

25 replies

Userlevel 2
You may need to refresh a few times. I have this issues with my iPad, it takes a while for things to change on it. I could add a song or edit a playlist picture from my computer and pick up on my iPad, but I would have to refresh a few times to see changes like picture changes, playlist updates etc.
Did u check if your subscription expired? You might need to upgrade plans. Hope this helped.
Userlevel 2
Dj Edit wrote:

Did u check if your subscription expired? You might need to upgrade plans. Hope this helped.

You don't need to be a "pro" or "pro unlimited" to add/edit songs to your playlist.
Userlevel 2
However, now I'm curious. DysfunctionalHipster, did you upload these songs or are they from someone else? They may have been deleted by the original poster. It happened to me once.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Just checking in - were you able to figure this one out? If those tracks weren't your own tracks, I can only imagine they were set to private at some point, and put back to public when you looked at them in your likes. There's not a confirmed bug for tracks accidentally vanishing from a playlist otherwise.

Please let us know if this needs further investigation. Make sure to provide the URL to the playlist as well as the name & URL of one or more tracks that had disappeared.

Hoping the show went well despite your issues with your playlist.

Cheers
Mathis
AppleNuke wrote:

You may need to refresh a few times. I have this issues with my iPad, it takes a while for things to change on it. I could add a song or edit a playlist picture from my computer and pick up on my iPad, but I would have to refresh a few times to see changes like picture changes, playlist updates etc.

Thanks, but I've already tried that and the playlist changed from 30 to 10 on my other devices as well.
AppleNuke wrote:

However, now I'm curious. DysfunctionalHipster, did you upload these songs or are they from someone else? They may have been deleted by the original poster. It happened to me once.

They are not my songs, they are form someone else but the original songs still exist in my likes and they were never deleted.
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Just checking in - were you able to figure this one out? If those tracks weren't your own tracks, I can only imagine they were set to private at some point, and put back to public when you looked at them in your likes. There's not a confirmed bug for tracks accidentally vanishing from a playlist otherwise.

Please let us know if this needs further investigation. Make sure to provide the URL to the playlist as well as the name & URL of one or more tracks that had disappeared.

Cheers
Mathis

Thanks! The show went well, and the playlist problem has not been fixed. I will link you the playlist below, as well as a few songs that were in the playlist to begin with.

Playlist: https://soundcloud.com/dysfunctionalhipster/sets/track-broadcast-1
Song(s) that disappeared in the playlist:
https://soundcloud.com/cidmy/lullabies-yuna-adventure-club
https://soundcloud.com/fall-30/i-dont-fck-with-you-big-sean-feat-e-40-prod-dj-mustard-kanye-west
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

I've also experienced this issue, from time to time, some of my playlists (which i try to keep at max of 30-35 songs) indicates a lower number.
I never found which songs have disappeared.
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

I love this site, but this is starting to get ridicilous...3 times now my playlist just deletes tracks, up to 15 tracks just vanishes..And it does not seem to be a issue of the tracks being "private" since I usually remembers which tracks that's been deleted and I can re-add them.
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

I listen to my playlists regularly. Today I logged on to find 50 tracks had disappeared from one playlist. 50! I loved Soundcloud but one issue get resolved and then another one pops up. It's frustrating.
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

I have the same problem i had been collecting songs and taking alot of time listening and adding song to a playlist with was 84 songs. Now it _s 31 songs there ???? My other playlists have also been deleted or some songs at least. I have made a few top 10 songs playlists and now I have 3-4 songs left on them .Why does this happen ,anyone ??? Help
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

I have the same problem i had been collecting songs and taking alot of time listening and adding song to a playlist with was 84 songs. Now it _s 31 songs there ???? My other playlists have also been deleted or some songs at least. I have made a few top 10 songs playlists and now I have 3-4 songs left on them .Why does this happen ,anyone ??? Help
I had to reinstall my app just now, and all my playlists of 24 songs, and 12 songs just got reduced to 4 and 3 tracks. What the actual fuck?! fuck my life
AppleNuke wrote:

My 183 song playlist was reduced to 68 songs and I'm wondering why as well
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

same here had 100 tracks get deleted and i have spent months building it. I dont even want to use it anymore if this cant be fixed.
I am having the same issue but with my hearts list as well. I had, well, I have a lot. However the number continually goes down. What gives? And could somebody make it easier to get to the bottom of ones heart list?
I've been listening to some tracks on my playlist, which had over a thousand tracks, when I was forcibly signed out, out of nowhere. When I logged in again right away, I found that my a huge chunk of my playlist has disappeared (It has around 300 songs now).
I'm using Soundcloud on 3 devices: Android tablet, Android phone and Windows PC.
1. When I create a playlist on one device, this playlist doesn't apper on other devices until I keep refreshing many times.
2. When I add a songs to playlist created by other my device, that song never appear in playlist on that device. wt*?
(is that cookies problem or what?)
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

it seems like when I add songs to my playlists from my phone, then log into a computer (not very often) it will delete those last ones I added while on my phone from the playlist, but still be in the likes. so very annoying.
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

it seems like when I add songs to my playlists from my phone, then log into a computer (not very often) it will delete those last ones I added while on my phone from the playlist, but still be in the likes. so very annoying.
braenvanskajfv wrote:

I've been listening to some tracks on my playlist, which had over a thousand tracks, when I was forcibly signed out, out of nowhere. When I logged in again right away, I found that my a huge chunk of my playlist has disappeared (It has around 300 songs now).

did you get this fixed?? this just happened to me today. I went from 656 tracks to 497 tracks. It took me long time to build up that playlist. I want all the tracks back!
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

i just lost 300 tracks of my playlist just by refreshing it. it's the second time this happens and i am sick of it.!!! i pay for my soundcloud account and thats not the service that i expect.!!
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

I've lost more than 40 songs of the five+ times tracks have gone missing from my playlist. I've had to start screenshotting my playlists to figure which songs have gone missing 😞 please fix this, I've lost so many good songs because of this.
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

I've lost more than 40 songs of the five+ times tracks have gone missing from my playlist. I've had to start screenshotting my playlists to figure which songs have gone missing 😞 please fix this, I've lost so many good songs because of this.