Solved

I have been trying countless times to find my facebook friends

I have been trying countless times to find my facebook friends. I have disconnected and reconnected facebook and the problem is still occurring. If I am connected to Facebook why do my friends not come up when I click on "find friends." I do not want to follow people suggested based on my plays I want to follow my facebook friends.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 3 January 2017, 14:09

Hey there,

Thanks for posting about this on our Help Community. I regret to inform you that the feature making it possible for a user to find their Facebook friends from their soundcloud.com/people page while logged in is no longer available.

The reason for this is that Facebook have recently performed some changes to their public API infrastructure making it more difficult for us to retrieve user’s friends list and display them from a SoundCloud account.

We unfortunately do not have the necessary ressources to allocate in order to bring this feature back at the moment.

We hope you understand, apologies for the inconvenience.

Best,
Mathis
View original

14 replies

I am having the same problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for posting about this. Hmm, so let's see - once you've connected your Facebook account to your SoundCloud account, you should be able to go to https://soundcloud.com/people - here, you'd see the SoundCloud accounts of your friends who've also connected their Facebook accounts with SoundCloud.

Hope this helps! If this isn't working for you, can you please take a screenshot of what you see on that page and send it over?

Cheers!
Mathis
Hi there,

Thanks for posting about this. Hmm, so let's see - once you've connected your Facebook account to your SoundCloud account, you should be able to go to https://soundcloud.com/people - here, you'd see the SoundCloud accounts of your friends who've also connected their Facebook accounts with SoundCloud.

Hope this helps! If this isn't working for you, can you please take a screenshot of what you see on that page and send it over?

Cheers!
Mathis

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Cheers!
Mathis

Hi Brianna,

Sorry - I should have mentioned this: due to the mobile soundcloud page being a custom build of our desktop website, the link https://soundcloud.com/people won't work on mobile devices. The same link on your computer should guide you to the proper site.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there,

Cheers!
Mathis

Hi Mathis,

I'm having the same issue. When I click on the link you've provided, all I see are suggestions for people to follow based on who I've listened to.
I am having the same problem. It only shows this

Pleas

e HELP!!!
I am having the same problem - similar to the problem on this thread: "how can i find my facebook friends on soundcloud". This problem is not SOLVED as marked on the thread header.If you've figured out how to remedy this problem please help out!
Hi there,

Cheers!
Mathis

Yeah, I also think that the functionality is no longer useful. I've take screenshots of the entire process that Mathis mentioned, and still doesn't work.

1.- First I go to "connections" in settings:

2.- Then since I already connected my facebook account with my soundcloud account...

I proceed to disconnect it in order to repeat the process:

3.- I connect mi facebook account again:

4.- I go to https://soundcloud.com/people and I didnt see the SoundCloud accounts of my friends who've also connected their Facebook accounts with SoundCloud. Just show me the suggestions based on my plays, but no a Facebook friends option:

5.- Even when I sign out of soundcloud and then sign in by clicking "Continue with Facebook", still doesn't work.

I believe that it should be verified that this process works properly, and if not communicate this to the users so that they know that this functionality does not work at the moment.

Regards.
I also have the same problem and from what I can see there is no solution to this? I can only see people to follow based on my plays. I have tried everything else. I am not sure why this functionality wouldn't exist? Does anyone have a solution?
So I have been reading through the forums and the entire help community but cannot seem to find a solution to this problem: I want to browse my facebook friends on Soundcloud and choose who to follow etc however when I try the different URLS Soundcloud suggests such as people finder etc the only thing that comes up is a who to follow based on plays page. Is this because Soundcloud doesn't have this functionality or how can I get this done? My account was started through Facebook, also when I go to settings>connections>people it just takes me back to who to follow based on plays. Thank you.
My account was started through Facebook, also when I go to settings>connections>people it just takes me back to who to follow based on plays.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Thanks for posting about this on our Help Community. I regret to inform you that the feature making it possible for a user to find their Facebook friends from their soundcloud.com/people page while logged in is no longer available.

The reason for this is that Facebook have recently performed some changes to their public API infrastructure making it more difficult for us to retrieve user’s friends list and display them from a SoundCloud account.

We unfortunately do not have the necessary ressources to allocate in order to bring this feature back at the moment.

We hope you understand, apologies for the inconvenience.

Best,
Mathis
I understand, those changes to the facebook APIs disable many functions that were already implemented. Hopefully you can find a solution in the future because it is a very useful and attractive function for your platform, greetings.