Question

Is there a limit to number of likes?

My likes exceed 300. Is there a limit?

14 replies

Nope 🙂 No limit to how many likes but keep your liking behaviour cool. Spikes in like/unlikes will get you flagged by our anti spam measures.

Cheers,
GinaNope 🙂 No limit to how many likes but keep your liking behaviour cool. Spikes in like/unlikes will get you flagged by our anti spam measures.
When will your anti spam measures deactivate then ?
THIS IS BS. I pay a lot of money to “discover new music”. This is a years old topic that hasn’t been addressed. We should be allowed more likes within a set period. Sometimes we binge. Should be something like 500 likes a day. FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or I’ll unsub AGAIN!!!!!! 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽🐌🚨📉❌🆓
First day using SoundCloud... I’m having this problem, I liked 96 songs and now I can’t like anymore, I unliked some when mind was changed about them lol! But I can’t like anymore the heart goes red then back to white?!
Hey when I try to like new music by hearting it goes back to white and I have about 5176 on my like track is there a limit or is there something wrong with SoundCloud at this moment please let me know somebody answer.
only got 95 likes and won't let me like anymore? unliked and liked abit today to rearrange my order but still don't understand why that means it won't work,, when will this be fixed?
Damn straight, this is so frustrating there should be pages of something not scrolling down for ever then being stopped. Can't belive this still hasn't been sorted yet and they have the cheek to charge people.

Why can I only see a few hundred of my likes? I have about two thousand and want to go back to the first couple tunes I liked and work back forward from there. I'm just trying to find old gems and what not. I tried scrolling all of the way through but it stopped me at a certain point and I don't understand why it needs to do that. I don't see the point in having all of these songs liked if I can only view so many of them.
Nope 🙂 No limit to how many likes but keep your liking behaviour cool. Spikes in like/unlikes will get you flagged by our anti spam measures.

Cheers,
Gina

I would like to know the same answer to how many “likes” are available to each User’s account within a particular time frame. I listen to a lot of songs (sometimes just the first min or 2 to feel the song's energy) Why haven't Soundcloud put something in place (algorithms) to differentiate between spammers and true fans of music. This is something that could in the future be a setback for a company like SoundCloud - very unfortunate. I use ProTools and StudioOne which both allow me to upload to Soundcloud. Do I need to find another platform to explore music and build awareness? It seems as though it’s no specific number of likes that initiate this flag’ how can that be - a warning that doesn’t signify "how many times" someone clicks the heart/like icon would to be aiming towards a Class Action Law Suit in the near future. IJS

Please email me at wegobeyond@gmail.com or inbox me on SoundCloud at https://soundcloud.com/wetakesoundserious

M. Adkins
Why can I only see a few hundred of my likes? I have about two thousand and want to go back to the first couple tunes I liked and work back forward from there. I'm just trying to find old gems and what not. I tried scrolling all of the way through but it stopped me at a certain point and I don't understand why it needs to do that. I don't see the point in having all of these songs liked if I can only view so many of them.
check: likes.christian-heiko.ch

Cheers,
Gina

So what is the daily amount or limit of liking to be in the save side?!
Okay, I wouldn't mind transferring. But I'm 1400 likes deep.
Soundcloud were in no need of anti spam, while they needed promotion of their platform and to get more users to promote themselves the way they call it, free and easy, as I understand. I mean, I would not purchase the pro account if soundcloud are to look after my behavior the way its called. I will find something better then soundcloud, like mixcoud or so.. So people like to like to keep up their playlist or if they have no time to look for music for their official playlists, in return when they do so , they get blocked. Lets say , I bookmarked list of tracks I like in my browser to like in soundcloud for future, and when it come for me recovering these into my soundcloud profile by liking, I get blocked.The more, the longer. If you are to promote yourself on soundcloud, the only way is to make a free download of your music to allow people discover and download the track, follow and may be sign up for soundcloud, thats the only one way of free promotion that works and when you get loyal fans who will listen to your future uploads. Liking and following isnt promotion, its a part of streaming tracks and keeping soundcloud active, in fact, it also helps your name to get recognized when artist or soundclouder checks activity feed but it wont get you loyal listeners and fans, there is no way. I made a profile page on soundcloud, in half a year, the amount of followers reached only 180 people, even tho I was uploading often, with nice quality music and free downloads. The plays of each track reached less then 15 plays and no likes at all. So , I guess I will move back to youtube for streaming tracks soon! To be honest , I can hardly imagine I can get something out of soundcloud. It now brings the impression, that soundcloud was made for star musicians or those in middle section of musicians and there are millions. It also seems that its coming to reality that soundcloud is a simple private scam. There for I will not invest any of my cash into this site, like buying a pro account. For starting musicians, soundcloud is a bad site, addictive at start but is a waste of money and your time and your hopes. At the end of the day, soundcloud should offer lifetime membership may be then I would decide to upload more tracks then the limit. And what if out of nowhere soundcloud decide to reduce the limit back to 2 hours or less? I would not want to see my tracks disappear. Again , you could get the most of soundcloud when it was just developed. It now 2015..
This complaint refers to Soundcloud's anti-spam measures; What if I'm just simply liking and disliking music just to rearrange the order in which my music plays? I've been blocked countless times just for trying to support underrated artists and appreciating music. In no way would I be spamming my followers with notifications nor over-promoting myself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Cheers,
Gina