Solved

moving songs in a playlist

Have Soundcloud really removed the ability to quickly edit the order of a playlist? Now I have to press an edit button, and move through two separate screens, just to be able to drag a track to a different position in the playlist? Really? How is this an improvement? Please bring back the drag option when viewing playlists. Why has it been removed?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi MagentickA,

Thanks for reaching out. At this point, this is indeed how rearranging works. I will forward your feedback to the relevant product team though.
Mathis wrote:

Hi MagentickA,

Thanks for reaching out. At this point, this is indeed how rearranging works. I will forward your feedback to the relevant product team though.

Thanks for your reply. However, I was wondering if you could explain WHY this decision was made to make re-arranging tracks so much more difficult? I'm trying to understand the logic of removing simplicity, and making something more complicated? I have to through three separate screens/stages to move one track? Edit/Move/Save. I love Soundcloud but this seems to be the most illogical decisions SC have made to an otherwise perfect website.
Mathis wrote:

Hi MagentickA,

Another issue I've found when I'm creating a playlist, I need to be able to press play on another track, whilst on the edit screen. We can no longer do this without first saving the playlist (yet another process), and exiting the edit screen, meaning I have to click through two screens again to reach edit mode again. And on it goes. This is a headache! A real design flaw. Sorry to be blunt but I have to be honest and speak out here. It's a poor and irritating process now to edit a playlist. Please bring this back. This new method is highly illogical.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Mathis wrote:

Hi MagentickA,

The reason for the change is a technical one so it won't make much sense to you but to put it as simple as possible: the old method depended on a system that we removed from the site. It was removed because we built a more stable system. Parts of the site that depended on this system had to either be moved elsewhere or they have to perform their actions on their own. Editing playlists was one of these actions that have to work on their own now which is why they are on their own page.

Hope that makes sense to you,
Gina
Mathis wrote:

Hi MagentickA,

I agree, this makes things much more difficult. I hope you all bring back the old way of playlist editing soon. Thank you!!!
Mathis wrote:

Hi MagentickA,

Gina, it does make sense to me; You lost one of Soundclouds best features, because it was dependant on a system you've now replaced. All I'm saying is that from a USERS perspective, we've lost a powerful tool. This is really affecting everyone that enjoyed the simplicity and immediacy of the original system, and used Soundcloud professionally to organise playlists.
I can’t find a way to edit my playlist at all! Help??