Question

Need to Refresh to Load Page

Over the past day or so, I've noticed when on the SoundCloud website and I click on 'Playlists' or 'Profile' or any other option from the main drop-down menu list, then the URL will change, but the page returns blank, and I have to then refresh the page in order for my Playlists, Profile, etc. to actually show up. Any idea why this may be the case? Just an annoying bug. FYI I'm using Google Chrome Version 43.0.2357.130 m on a Lenovo ThinkPad using Windows 7 Enterprise if any of that is relevant.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, I've just tested this however wasn't able to reproduce the issue from over here. Have you tried our basic troubleshooting steps? What happens when you're using a different browser? Any extensions that might get in the way (AdBlock, HTTPS Everywhere, etc.)? Any chance you have an alternative internet connection you can check is the aforementioned things don't help?
I'm experiencing the same issue on my ThinkPad running Windows 8.1 and Chrome 43.0.2357.130. The site functions normally in Chrome on my MacBook Pro.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Thanks for following up. I've reached out to our developers to take a closer look however we weren't able to reproduce the issue.

Does this happen every time, or just sometimes? Also, when it happens again, can you open the console of your browser and take a screenshot please? This will help our developers to investigate this further. To do this hit F12, then open developer tools.

Cheers
Mathis
This also happens to me since this week, with almost all pages within Soundcloud, and no other websites. Using a Lenovo laptop, windows 8, and it only happens in Chrome (not in IE).
chrome version 43.0.2357.130, but at the moment I try to take a screenshot it seems to have been fixed..
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Selected Sounds wrote:

chrome version 43.0.2357.130, but at the moment I try to take a screenshot it seems to have been fixed..

Hey there,

Thanks for contributing. It is sometimes difficult to reproduce such issues, yeah. If you manage to get the symptom to show again, feel free to add the screenshot here.
Selected Sounds wrote:

TheMusicHead wrote:

screenshot from this AM when I clicked on my Soundcloud home page bookmark. seems to still be happening with regularity on Chrome. I'll try from a different browser and see what happens. I don't have ad block enabled, but this is my work laptop so maybe that has something to do with it.. I'll try my personal laptop later today and report back.
TheMusicHead wrote:

just tried using IE and Firefox and everything worked normally so it seems the issue is specific to Chrome...
Mathis wrote:

Hi again,

Thanks for following up. I've reached out to our developers to take a closer look however we weren't able to reproduce the issue.

Does this happen every time, or just sometimes? Also, when it happens again, can you open the console of your browser and take a screenshot please? This will help our developers to investigate this further. To do this hit F12, then open developer tools.

Cheers
Mathis

Here's a screenshot of the console when I have all of my Chrome extensions disabled. Hope this helps. Thanks.
Mathis wrote:

Hi again,

Cheers
Mathis

Here is another screenshot with script errors. Top two happened when loading the page. "Cannot read property 'top' of undefined" appears when I resize the devtools frame.

I do have "HTTPS Everywhere" enabled, but this has not caused problems before.

I have the same exact issue. It's only on Chrome, and affects it on my Windows 10 computer and my Chromebook. Mathis, you should have all the information from the other posters to be able to diagnose this problem. I hope you guys can solve this soon....
same

Mathis wrote:

Hi again,

Cheers
Mathis

Mathis, are you looking into this? You and your team have all the information we can provide to diagnose this; just look at all these screenshots. It is still very much a problem. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Sorry that it sometimes takes a while until we can get back to you. I was now able to talk to our developers about this issue and have forwarded your screenshots for further investigation to them. One thing that they wanted me to make sure: Please clear your saved SoundCloud date from your local storage in Chrome.

Here is now you can do this: In your Chrome browser, go to chrome://settings/cookies and find the entries that have SoundCloud in it. There will be at least two entries with "local storage" in there, or you clear all of them, restart Chrome, then try again to be sure everything is properly set up for a fresh start.

However, like I said, the screenshots are forwarded and our devs will look into it.

I hope we can soon get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for your continued patience and cooperation - this is super helpful!

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Mathis -- FYI just tried clearing my Chrome Soundcloud cookies and starting over as you suggested but I'm still having the same issue. Hopefully the developers will find something.
Mathis wrote:

Hi everyone,

Sorry that it sometimes takes a while until we can get back to you. I was now able to talk to our developers about this issue and have forwarded your screenshots for further investigation to them. One thing that they wanted me to make sure: Please clear your saved SoundCloud date from your local storage in Chrome.

Here is now you can do this: In your Chrome browser, go to chrome://settings/cookies and find the entries that have SoundCloud in it. There will be at least two entries with "local storage" in there, or you clear all of them, restart Chrome, then try again to be sure everything is properly set up for a fresh start.

However, like I said, the screenshots are forwarded and our devs will look into it.

Cheers
Mathis

Things seem to be working for me again.
Mathis wrote:

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Mathis

Can confirm that is it working for me now as well.
Mathis wrote:

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Mathis

yep fixed and everythings maybe a touch faster as well now
TheMusicHead wrote:

Hi Mathis -- FYI just tried clearing my Chrome Soundcloud cookies and starting over as you suggested but I'm still having the same issue. Hopefully the developers will find something.

appears everything's fine now - I was having the same issues but then I deleted the bookmark I had and created a new one and since then it's been fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
TheMusicHead wrote:

Great to hear everyone! Thanks for hanging in there with us :)

-Gina